Sign in to follow this  
TeamBlakeUSA

Euro 2020

I did wonder whether this'd even have a logo - will be interesting to see how they try to represent 13 countries, with everything from Bilbao to Baku. Also intrigued to see what they will class as host, below the Euro 2020 line on the logo. Just Europe?

I can imagine it will just be titled, 'UEFA Euro 2020' perhaps the logo will just be a football with the colours of the flags of all the host countries.

It's only been two months since that dreadful Euro 2016 concluded. Right now I can muster no excitement about 2020 and I do not think even a logo launch will help.

UEFA EURO 2020 logo launch in London
046 - Tournament and first of thirteen host city logos to be unveiled on 21 September
Published: Friday 16 September 2016, 10.00CET

The countdown to UEFA EURO 2020 officially begins when the newly-elected UEFA President, Aleksander Čeferin, together with the Chairman of the Football Association, Greg Clarke, and the Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, unveil the tournament's visual identity and the London host city logo. The event will take place on Wednesday 21 September at 11.30 local time at London City Hall, The Queen’s Walk, London, SE1 2 AA.

The 2020 UEFA European Championship will mark the 60th anniversary of the competition. This historic edition will see matches hosted in 13 cities across Europe, with the semi-finals and final staged at Wembley Stadium in London in July 2020.

The logos of all host cities will be unveiled in separate events in the respective countries with the second one taking place the following day in Rome and the third scheduled for 30 September in Baku.

UEFA

What? We Have 3 Separated Logo Launches? Wow!

Sept 21, 2016 - London

Sept 22, 2016 - Rome

And

Sept 30, 2016 - Baku.

Tomorrow Will Be Very Fun In London And I Can't Wait For What Will The UEFA Euro 2020 London Logo Look Like.

Well that's almost aggressively boring. I guess those huge inflatable stickmen will be everywhere in 2020. Still very interested in the tournament itself & how it will work. It's good to see a sporting organisation truly doing something radical - and hopefully making it easier for more countries to get a slice of the pie :)

Yikes - not keen at all! Each host city logo will feature a famous bridge from that city - hence Tower Bridge for London. The theme being building bridges etc ....

When I see that logo, I think of those Super Bowl halftime shows from the 70s which featured Up With People.

The logo is probably the most bland I've ever seen for a sporting event, but the branding with famous bridges connecting the host cities is a neat idea.

Rome's identity revealed today:

Cs9tlA0WAAA74Js.png

Edited by Rob.

The bridge idea is neat, but the logo itself is dull, you can tell they pretty much recycled the France 2016 logo (is this the same studio), added some inflatable tube men and called it a day. Then again when the tournament is being held everywhere I guess they preferred to go with something neutral.

I'm also getting bored of the same Typeface over and over since 2012. They should change it already.