Sign in to follow this  
fantomex

Olympics cauldron

Tried to make a recopilation of Winter cauldrons as they look today. Before Cortina, I wasn't able to find where the Oslo, St. Moritz or Garmisch cauldrons are today (i suposse the later was lost during the war)

Cortina - Apparently, it still exists, but this is the only pic I could find of it. Seems they lit the old cauldron again when they celebrated the 50th Anniversary of the games back then when the Torino 2006 torch relay was happening. 

01.jpg

Squaw Valley - At its original location

281914026_16dd6c4fb8_b.jpg

Innsbruck - Still at Bergisel, with a third cauldron added for the 2012 Winter YOG

bergisel-ski-jump.jpg

Grenoble - Seems like the original bowl which used to be at the top of the scaffold back in 1968 is now located at the Olympic Park as a monument, which is sometimes lit for special ocassions

vasque-JO-Grenoble.jpg

Sapporo - It is located on its original location at Makonakai Park which is still regulary used, mostly as a Tenis courtyard during summer

DSCN4233.JPG

Lake Placid - Like one of you pointed, it was recovered and now stands at the Olympic park

lake-placid-olympic-cauldron-lighting.jp

Sarajevo - Still standing today at the former Olympic Stadium (today called Stadio Kosevo)

1200px-Asim_Ferhatovi%C4%87_Hase_Stadium

Calgary - No idea where the stadium cauldron is today, but the Calgary Tower cauldron still exists and its regulary lit during Olympics editions

bkyrk-bw_400x400.jpg

Albertville - In front of the former Olympic Hall

1-1056031.jpg

Lillehammer - Still in Lysgardbakkene

20070614.0468.0.olympic_torch_in_ski_jum

Nagano - In front of the former Olympic Stadium which was turned into a Baseball one afterwards.

stadium.jpg

Salt Lake City - Still at Rice Eccles Stadium but moved to another position.

68884240_d7b2a67307_z.jpg?zz=1

Torino - Still standing at its original location at the Stadio Olimpico

79f3cceec886eca711775ee66a128267-kGl-U10

Vancouver 

image.jpg

Sochi - Still part of the Olympic Park (pic is shortly before the start of the 2017 Confederations Cup)

estadios-rusia-2018-sochi-750px.jpg

Tried to make a recopilation of Winter cauldrons as they look today. Before Cortina, I wasn't able to find where the Oslo, St. Moritz or Garmisch cauldrons are today (i suposse the later was lost during the war)

Jose, nice pics.  Per my article, St. Moritz is missing in action.  Garmisch, they found the inner vessel.  Oslo's was found and is inside in the Norwegian Olympic Museum in Lillehammer.