Sign in to follow this  
A-Money1983

Interesting Article from 1996, Tokyo similarities??

Potentially, of course. They've had a few stumbles so far over the stadium and the logo, but that's par for the course for an organising committee - nothing close to really problematic... yet. 

I think the handover gave a tantalising glimpse of how they might present themselves come 2020, and I think a lot of people liked and were enthused by what they saw. 

Time will tell. But if anyone has the ability to stage a first-rate games, it's the Japanese. 

They won't have a very hard job to do considering the ordeals Rio had to go through, though anything can happen and Japan is not excent from having issues such as the Logo selection controversy. Still, I have lots of trust on them to get the work done and to offer a better quality Olympics. 

• Like 1

On 23 August 2016 at 0:50 PM, Ikarus360 said:

They won't have a very hard job to do considering the ordeals Rio had to go through, though anything can happen and Japan is not excent from having issues such as the Logo selection controversy. Still, I have lots of trust on them to get the work done and to offer a better quality Olympics. 

I love their Mascot..Doraemon..

On 23 August 2016 at 0:50 PM, Ikarus360 said:

On 23 August 2016 at 11:57 AM, A-Money1983 said:

I just ask if Tokyo is in a spot to pledge for a better Games and deliver- the same way Sydney did.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/1996/08/06/sports/sydney-organizers-pledge-a-different-experience.html

But it should be the same as London 2012 did

On 23 August 2016 at 10:30 PM, MrkFC said:

I personally feel that Tokyo will host the best Olympics. 

I know aye..it's going to be similar to Beijing 2008 and London 2012..I loved their opening ceremony