1 minute ago, Rob. said:

No, you're a prejudiced cunt mate.

I was born in the 80s. What the **** does Empire have to do with my opinions on these Games, other than throwing my nation's history at me because you're too fucking lazy to consider what I'm saying?

Grow up and accept criticism like a man.

You should study a bit more, stupid... You don't force cultural behaviour or exploit others just by arriving with ships. Idiot.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I heard boos but also many applauses. It looks like he was still hurt by the loss of gold. The American girls from beach volleyball just defeated Brazil but reacted differently. They were booed during

I'm sorry but that is horsesh!t. Booing during a football match or team sport is one thing. Booing someone when they get their Olympic medal or while they try a jump (the most dangerous event in athle

Oh my god, those evil Brazilians cheered for their guy and booed the competition. In a sporting event. How dare they. Cheering an injury is bad. Making noise in sports that request silence is bad

11 minutes ago, thorbr said:

You should study a bit more, stupid... You don't force cultural behaviour or exploit others just by arriving with ships. Idiot.

When have I done that? Or are you throwing British history at me like the bigot you are because - once again - you can't be fucked to read what I'm actually saying?

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 1

I'm getting fucking tired of all this "Privileged white westerners" excuse. As if being white makes me automatically evil or something. And also how you guys always try to make an excuse after another to justify this trainwreck of an Olympics. I've never seen such a defensive/apologist crowd in my whole life. And I thought the ultranationalism of Seoul '88 crowd was bad. That was nothing compared to these games.

I just hope you guys enjoyed the moment because it will be aeons before you (or Latin America) host these again.  

• Like 1

I'm not going to let thorbr's stupidity affect how much I've enjoyed Rio in general. But nor do I expect that kind of fuckwittedness when valid criticisms are made. Anyway, it's been a while since I've properly lost my temper on this forum. :P

3fee37dcfa24d7df1eb34eeddd051cf47e6cb015

Feel better now...

Edited by Rob.
6 minutes ago, Rob. said:

When have I done that? Or are you throwing British history at me like the bigot you are because - once again n- you can't be fucked to read what I'm actually saying?

I'm not talking about history stupid arrogant idiot. You are all the time talking about "Brazilians" are like that or this and when I reply I have tô consider you individually? You are really lazy tô understand it.

10 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

I'm getting fucking tired of all this "Privileged white westerners" excuse. As if being white makes me automatically evil or something. And also how you guys always try to make an excuse after another to justify this trainwreck of an Olympics. I've never seen such a defensive/apologist crowd in my whole life. And I thought the ultranationalism of Seoul '88 crowd was bad. That was nothing compared to these games.

I just hope you guys enjoyed the moment because it will be aeons before you (or Latin America) host these again.  

Zzzzz

You are all the time talking about "Brazilians" are like that or this and when I reply I have tô consider you individually?

Yes, you do, that's how a forum works. :rolleyes:

Anyway, where am I all the time talking about "Brazilians"? I think what I quite clearly said was:

"it's not ALL Brazilians by a long-shot so putting it down to "culture" is a bit weird"

In other words, I pretty much said people are responsible for their own actions. I'm not going to lazily stereotype all Brazilians.

Quote me where I said the opposite, as you claim, or STFU.

Edited by Rob.

Finally the world understands this joke:

When God was making Earth, he called over an angel and said, "Check this out. This is United States, I have giving them hurricanes, earthquakes, and tornadoes." He points to Europe, "Volcanoes and blizzard." God now points to Asia, "Typhoons, volcanoes, earthquake and floods." "So, what do you think?" He says to the angel. "Well God, what about this big area here? Are you not giving them anything?" God looks at the angel and says, "That, my friend, is South America. I have saved the best for last. I gave them Brazilians."

• Like 1

The irony of Europeans clutching pearls over poor sports behavior. Anyone watch the Eruos? It's not like they are throwing flares on the field. (And, no, pole vaulting does not require silence as anyone who's ever watch a track meet should no.)

Yeah, booing during a medal ceremony is assholish. But try to keep some perspective. It's not like they murdered a referee for issuing a red card or anything. 

18 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

The irony of Europeans clutching pearls over poor sports behavior. Anyone watch the Eruos? It's not like they are throwing flares on the field.

You've got a point but the thing is, that was discussed quite a lot during the Euros, and I don't remember any Europeans here being anything other than incredibly pissed off about those fans and what they were doing. It seems to me Europeans on here disowned the morons within their fanbases, whilst some Brazilians are taking criticism of their own morons extremely personally to the extent where anyone bringing it up is an "imperialist". Can't be arsed with that kind of thing and people like thorbr trying to shut down people in that way.

Edited by Rob.

Yeah, booing during a medal ceremony is assholish

Done, over with. No need for "perspective". You wanna appear better than any claimed "bad sport" Europeans during the Euros? Then don't do the same, and you'll be free of any criticism of the sort.

And they didn't murder a ref for a red, they murded a ref for stabbing a player by beheading him.

I am still trying to understand the boos at that ceremony. We had many ceremonies here and this did not happened. Maybe because the french guy was the only one that did not congratulated the brazilian like the other athletes did? Anyway, this can't be a excuse. As a "brazilian" I feel ashamed about this. And you guys should not blame everyone in a country or continent because the behavior of a group of people. Stop calling "brazilians" are this way, and "europeans" act that way. I am very angry about the stupid liars from swiming but I cant say that "americans" are stupid. People can be stupid anywhere.

1 minute ago, Bezzi said:

I am still trying to understand the boos at that ceremony.

I'd say comparing the Brazilian crowds to Nazi Germany had a bit to do with it. I don't think anyone would take kindly to that. Doesn't justify it, but makes it understandable.

2 Gold medals today!!!

Now we're 13th on the medal table by number of gold medals and 12th by total number of medals.

14068096_1069489019753191_46198231327646

First medal ever to Brazil's Women's Sailing:

28968364262_1c33bbcdac_b.jpg

Vela - Martine Grael e Kahena Kunze - Ouro - 49er FX Feminino - Marina da Glória by Ministerio do Esporte, on Flickr

29040865816_39b1902b22_b.jpg

Vela - Martine Grael e Kahena Kunze - Ouro - 49er FX Feminino - Marina da Glória by Ministerio do Esporte, on Flickr

• Like 2