Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Cauê

Images of protests against the interim government and Globo TV during the Rio Games

Recommended Posts

*This discussion is only about protests made during the Rio 2016 games.
 

In Rio, Brazilians use the Olympics to Denounce Stage Coup Govt

In a dramatic illustration of the Brazilian people's dissatisfaction with the interim coup-imposed president Michel Temer, Nearly every facet of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro - from the relay torch to the declaration of the games' opening by the Brazilian head of state - has Been plagued by political protests due to the legislative suspension of left-leaning President Dilma Rousseff.

http://www.telesurtv.net/english/news/In-Rio-Brazilians-Use-Olympics-as-Stage-to-Denounce-Coup-Govt-20160810-0016.html

Brazil: Thousands rally against Temer ( interim president) on Copacabana hours before start of Olympics

http://www.globalresearch.ca/brazil-police-confront-anti-corruption-protesters-ahead-of-rio-games-opening/5539902

 


August 5, 2016 - Copacabana Beach (a few hours before the opening ceremony)

* 'FORA TEMER' (TEMER OUT - Protest against the interim president of Brazil 'Michel Temer')
* The word 'GOLPE' (COUP) with the logo of Globo TV
(Globo is accused of manipulation against popular governments and supporting the Brazilian military regime)

28189035243_9aec53ba24_b.jpg

28519830300_bdf3c43ec1_b.jpg

28804092145_08d737ae86_b.jpg  

* 'MULHERES PELA DEMOCRACIA' (Women for Democracy)
* 'CONTRA O GOLPE' (Against the Coup)

28727014071_948a2e8d7c_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I was just saying in the Brazil politics thread how good it is you are all taking a break from politics.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Sir Rols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why you have to open your moth Rols? :lol:

These pictures are from the last day of the torch relay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Repression

People are stopped from shouting against the interim President in Brasilia's stadium:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

INTERNATIONAL PRESS

Brazilian Judge Orders Olympics to Allow Stadium Protests
By JOSHUA GOODMAN AND ADRIANA GOMEZ LICON , ASSOCIATED PRESS RIO DE JANEIRO - Aug 9 , 2016 4:46 PM ET

A judge has ordered organizers of the Rio Olympics to allow peaceful protests inside venues after several fans were escorted out of stadiums for holding up anti-government signs.

Rio Olympics Stadium Protests

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/brazilian-judge-orders-olympics-stadium-protests-41240217

'Fora Temer' ('Temer Out', with the logo of Globo TV)

13923484_387741694683047_313311235973140

https://www.facebook.com/jornalistaslivres/photos/a.292153227575228.1073741829.292074710916413/388978507892699/?type=3&theater

A Charge about the situation:

13913938_388474897943060_249526741157904

FROM 'JORNALISTAS LIVRES' (FACEBOOK)
https://www.facebook.com/jornalistaslivres/?fref=ts

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cauê said:

Repression

People are stopped from shouting against the interim President in Brasilia's stadium:

 

Wait, stadium in Brasilia? What other sports are going on in multiple cities? I thought football/soccer games were the only ones taking place in major cities other than Rio?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. I'm sorry. This is a historic moment and the protests against GloboTV and the interim government are an important part of this moment. 
 All faces of this historical moment are very important.

But the games are very beautiful :)

Rio is the most stunning scenery since the exceptional Sydney Games.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All these protesters that are protesting inside stadiums are f**king stupid. To spend all that damn money seeing an event just to go in to yell and shout, spoiling the game for the spectators and also quite possibly distracting the players. If you must protest, protest during the time when a Brazilian athlete is performing. Don't ruin it for athletes that came in to just get a medal and want no part of your political turmoil.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LatinXTC said:

Wait, stadium in Brasilia? What other sports are going on in multiple cities? I thought football/soccer games were the only ones taking place in major cities other than Rio?

This is the Sambadrome, in Rio :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cauê said:

But the games are very beautiful :)

Rio is the most stunning scenery since the exceptional Sydney Games.

You should just go and enjoy them then. This is your only chance to do so. They'll be over before you know it, and believe me, you won't want to have missed your chance to enjoy such a special time in the history of your city and country.

Your political turmoil will go on beyond the games. That's for you Brazilians to sort out, debate and protest about. It's not for the world and us foreigners to tell you what to do - and nor do the bulk of people who tune into the games to watch a special event really care. Fight your political battles in the appropriate venues - the courts, the parliament, the ballot boxes, and, yes, in the streets - you're lucky and should be thankful that as a democracy that you have the right to protest in the streets.

But, just chill out for the moment and enjoy a moment you really should be savouring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cauê said:

This is the Sambadrome, in Rio :)

Well get your s**t together because you said it was a Brasilia stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LatinXTC said:

All these protesters that are protesting inside stadiums are f**king stupid. To spend all that damn money seeing an event just to go in to yell and shout, spoiling the game for the spectators and also quite possibly distracting the players. If you must protest, protest during the time when a Brazilian athlete is performing. Don't ruin it for athletes that came in to just get a medal and want no part of your political turmoil.

Thanks. Constructive discussion/criticism is always welcome here :)

Bad or good, this is the history of the Rio 2016 Olympics - a beautiful and problematic event. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cauê said:

This is the Sambadrome, in Rio :)

No matter the venue, while purchasing a ticket you must agree to the terms of conduct and protests are forbidden inside the venues. It is NOT repression! The guy violated the code of conduct and was asked gracefully by the national force agents to leave. They just had to use the force because he refused to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bezzi said:

No matter the venue, while purchasing a ticket you must agree to the terms of conduct and protests are forbidden inside the venues. It is NOT repression! The guy violated the code of conduct and was asked gracefully by the national force agents to leave. They just had to use the force because he refused to leave.

https://ingressos.rio2016.com/terms#tla

12.3.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Dilma deserved to be kicked out from office because of the corruption evidence, but Temer is no saint either and he was also heavily involved with both she and Lula misdeeds. He also deserves to share the hatred, specially after a series of controversial decisions he did during his tenure as Interim president. 

Still though, it is very sad to see an event like the Olympics getting marred by politics, when they are not supossed to get mixed to begin with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The so-called "repression" on those protests inside Rio's venues is, ironically, following a law approved by Dilma herself LOL

Law that forbids political protests in the Olympics was sanctioned by Dilma

Posters with political demonstrations have been - as expected - banned from stadiums during the Olympic Games. PT members are using the poster "Fora Temer" and has been approached by police, which determine the collection of the posters. Otherwise, the protesters need to be removed from the site. This has caused the PT to adopt the narrative saying "we are being victims of authoritarianism" to play the typical victimhood games of the extreme left.

The irony of the whole situation is that the rule prohibiting political demonstrations at stadiums has support of Law 13,284. Ironically, it was Dilma Rousseff who signed the law on May 10, in one of his last acts as president, before being removed. In 2014, another version of the law - then sanctioned for the World Cup, also for Dilma in 2012 - was questioned by the PSDB.

[...]

https://blogjornalivre.wordpress.com/2016/08/07/lei-que-impede-protestos-politicos-nas-olimpiadas-foi-sancionada-por-dilma/

The law on Planalto Palace website: http://www.planalto.gov.br/ccivil_03/_Ato2015-2018/2016/Lei/L13284.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why didn't we show you the videos with moments of protests during the Globo TV transmissions (and others transmissions) in the Olympics?

Some embarrassing moments:

Brazilian says: 'First, out Temer!', during an interview

 

And the most embarrassing moment: many people sings 'Fora Temer' (Out, Temer!) inside the stadium
* Temer is the interim president who is ineligible and accused of corruption

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bezzi said:

No matter the venue, while purchasing a ticket you must agree to the terms of conduct and protests are forbidden inside the venues. It is NOT repression! The guy violated the code of conduct and was asked gracefully by the national force agents to leave. They just had to use the force because he refused to leave.

It's not, according to the Supreme Court. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, FAAN said:

The so-called "repression" on those protests inside Rio's venues is, ironically, following a law approved by Dilma herself LOL

Law that forbids political protests in the Olympics was sanctioned by Dilma

Posters with political demonstrations have been - as expected - banned from stadiums during the Olympic Games. PT members are using the poster "Fora Temer" and has been approached by police, which determine the collection of the posters. Otherwise, the protesters need to be removed from the site. This has caused the PT to adopt the narrative saying "we are being victims of authoritarianism" to play the typical victimhood games of the extreme left.

The irony of the whole situation is that the rule prohibiting political demonstrations at stadiums has support of Law 13,284. Ironically, it was Dilma Rousseff who signed the law on May 10, in one of his last acts as president, before being removed. In 2014, another version of the law - then sanctioned for the World Cup, also for Dilma in 2012 - was questioned by the PSDB.

[...]

https://blogjornalivre.wordpress.com/2016/08/07/lei-que-impede-protestos-politicos-nas-olimpiadas-foi-sancionada-por-dilma/

The law on Planalto Palace website: http://www.planalto.gov.br/ccivil_03/_Ato2015-2018/2016/Lei/L13284.htm

First of all, the law is imposed by the IOC. Secondly, the law does not prohibit people having political signs inside the stadiuns. Thirdly, it can not go against our constitution... and, at last, there's a legal decision authorizing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, thorbr said:

First of all, the law is imposed by the IOC. Secondly, the law does not prohibit people having political signs inside the stadiuns. Thirdly, it can not go against our constitution... and, at last, there's a legal decision authorizing it. 

It indeed doesn't forbid the freedom of expression. According to the article 28, any flag and/or posters that aren't connected to a friendly and festive kind of expression is not allowed. Basically, the law signed by Dilma doesn't hurt the right of protesting and expressing opinions inside the olympic venues, but those with posters linked to any political matters or anything not conncted to the enviroment of the games must be notified by the responsible agents to let those posters out of the venues or get removed from the venue. So, people are free to protest and express their opinions but the law forbids posters of political/commercial/discriminatory (and anything not linked to the enviroment of the Games) character inside the venues and that's why people with this kind of posters are getting notified during the competitions.

The same law was signed by Dilma and considered legal by the Supreme Court back in 2014 during the World Cup. Btw, the incidents of the so-called "repression" happened before the decision of the federal judge that now authorizes this kind of protest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×