Sign in to follow this  
AustralianFan

Rio 2016 Closing Ceremony Live Chat

19 minutes ago, LatinXTC said:

Weren't the games supposed to take place during Rio's dry season? It still surprises me that the weather cooperated 4 years ago and gave London good weather for their ceremonies. When was the last time it rained during an Olympic opening or closing ceremony?

Winter is the dry season in Rio. August has an average of just 44 mm, very few rainy days. Even though, cold waves can brings rain, strong winds and lower temperatures to Rio, this one specifically is causing a lot of rainfall accumulates all over South and Southeast regions of the country and even snowfalls in some areas of the South. Unfortunate coincidence.

Okay, sat down to have my last morning of overnight results catch-up before tuning into the CC, and find Channel 7 here has reverted to non-Olympic mode - watching Sunrise with no Olympic feeds on the other channels to choose from.

Oh well, guess I'll just spend the next hour catching up on GamesBids board action before the ceremony hat, and save my overnight tape for later in the day when I want to lessen the post-games blues.

6 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Okay, sat down to have my last morning of overnight results catch-up before tuning into the CC, and find Channel 7 here has reverted to non-Olympic mode - watching Sunrise with no Olympic feeds on the other channels to choose from.

Oh well, guess I'll just spend the next hour catching up on GamesBids board action before the ceremony hat, and save my overnight tape for later in the day when I want to lessen the post-games blues.

So are you gonna see the CC live or not? lol

1 minute ago, LatinXTC said:

So are you gonna see the CC live or not? lol

Oh yeah - just gotta put up with morning TV chatter (which I NEVER normally watch) before the switch over to Rio for one last hurrah.

No Helicopter :(

A OBS (Olympic Broadcasting Services), avisou por e-mail, às 18h50, que "por causa das condições climáticas, não haverá imagens ao vivo captadas de helicóptero para a transmissão da cerimônia de encerramento."

1 minute ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

There is a possibility that it may have started

So, how many wines have you had?

That start to the closing should have been in the opening... much better

• Like 1