Sorry for the late post but only find a free time now

Ok all my schedule was planning months ago, I took some days to travel, have fun with my family and off couse the Rio Olympics!

I was just looking for some more tickets at Rio offcial page and sudelly found two ZO001 Cat D tickets available! The chance to watch the Opening Ceremony in loco was in front of my eyes and got the tickets! 

But I had to reschedule the first part of my trip in the Iguazu falls, and I and my wife take a one day flight to Rio only to attend the Ceremony

rioOC%2001.jpg

Hey my first view of the Olympic Park but I will only vist it next friday

rioOC%2002.jpg

The Maracana Stadium so close...

• Like 1

As we arrived some hours before the start of the OC, so we visit some places in the city

a nice and hot day in the winter

rioOC%2003.jpg

the outside cauldron still hidden

it was time to go to the Stadium, took the subway and we had no problem to arrive there

RioOC%2004.jpg

RioOC%2005.jpg

• Like 1

well as my pics are not good, I will not post all of then ;)

RioOc%2011.jpg

tried to read the live chat forum but gave up as my connection was very slowly

RioOC%2020.jpg

The caudron in its final place just before the torch last relay

RioOc%2021.jpgThe best pic I took really

Well I didnt have time to read all the commentaries of the forum, but the ceremony was Amazing, really beautiful

we spent the rest of the night in the airport and flight back to meet the kids to resume the original schedule, the next olympic event for us will be football in Sao Paulo 

sorry for the short report

• Like 3

That is SO exciting to stumble into the OC at the last minute.........much more fun that long term planning! I love to be spontaneous......thing always work out. This is really cool seeing pics from Rio..thanks for posting them and have fun.

A cloudy and cold day in the winter to attend men's football : Colombia v Nigeria

Sao Paulo is a huge, mega city and host of some olympic football matches, 

had no problems to access the stadium as there s many signs and intructions in the subway

a1.jpg

an olympic express train is available from downtown Luz station to the site of the stadium,Itaquera

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

the crowd, most brazilian but also many people from all the world 

some nigerians were singing some chants close of us

Sao Paulo's venue of the 2014 World Cup Stadium, The Arena Corinthians is a modern brand new stadium

but prefer the more traditional design venue, its beautiful but the open air structure is not functional in the winter.  the cold wind was terrible

b1.jpg

no queue to buy food, we had some pizza but the burger was uneatable, no taps in the coke bottle

and no beer in the stadium, something about local laws I guess

about the match: it was good, Colombia deserved to win

b2.jpg

a penalty for Colombia

b3.jpg

b4.jpg

it was a double macth session but  the temperature was falling down and we were freezing so we decide to go to a warm place and we missed the following match (South Africa v Iraq)

c2.jpg

many did the same...

c1.jpg

c3.jpg

a short Olympic experience in Sao Paulo,  in few hours we will take a flight to Rio...

a sunny and warm Rio I hope^_^

• Like 1

from another thread: Baron's quote

Congrats!!  But DON'T miss Iguazu at all.  You're already down there, experience it now.  You may never get the chance again!! 

we didnt, Iguazu is really amazing!

in Rio we will based in Ipanema - posto 10

falls1.jpg

falls2.jpg

A busy day yesterday

The olympic park is huge, beautiful with a Great atmosphere 

In the afternoon we attend the swimming qualifying.  Amazing

When we were leaving we listen a vibrant crowd from the tennis court, Nadal I guess

Late Will post some pics, another busy day for us Today. Will go to Brazil vs Argentina basketball match

Hope have a sunny Day

Just returned to hotel

Brazil v Argentina basketball match was fantástic, Double overtime. Vibrant crowd,  unforgetable

Also watched women fencing. Very Good momentos too

A chinese tv repórter tried to interview me, didnt understand what she was talking lol

• Like 1

Today we have our last olympic event in Rio. The women's Marathon. Later Will rest or Just walk in the Ipanema Beach :)

These last Days were great, intense, fantastic. 

Will enjoy the cidade maravilhosa till Tomorrow. And go back home.

We are all tired but with a Great smile in our face, and tons of unforgetable memories!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, gotosy said:

Just returned to hotel

Brazil v Argentina basketball match was fantástic, Double overtime. Vibrant crowd,  unforgetable

Also watched women fencing. Very Good momentos too

A chinese tv repórter tried to interview me, didnt understand what she was talking lol

Amazing game. While nit every event gets people fired up in Rio, basketball vs Argentina was must watching. Especially for such a great game. I was watching in a bar in Santa Teresa, but had promised my host I'd be back at the apartment by 5:00 to drop keys and pick up my bag. After regulation, I could have walked and made it. After fist overtime, I was really pushing it. Luckily, Argentina hit the first six points of 2OT and I booked it out of there

well back to 'normal' life at home :(

some pics I took, there hundreds more but I really dindt find how to manage my camera well

IMG_9028.jpg

IMG_9051.jpg

the men's 100m realy qualifying

IMG_9083.jpg

the beach volley arena, amazing atmosphere

IMG_9091.jpg

the sea waves very close to arena

• Like 2