2 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Spoiler:  Also avoid looking at the Cauldron thread until after the OC if you don't want the surprise spoiled

Cool thanks. Will avoid any cauldron spoiler now. Want to be surprised 

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had in my head that it started 2am BST. Don't know why I thought that. OK, it's a date then. May fall asleep during it, but hopefully not because of it.

*****semi spoiler**** Hazel Irvine on BBC saying themes will be looking after the environment, making the most of what you've got and looking after the earth's resources, and Brazilian music

2 minutes ago, kevzz said:

Geez BBC news are showing quite a lot of good close up snippets from the dress rehearsal. 

How annoying. I've decided to watch repeats of QI on Dave until it starts.

9 minutes ago, pjpauly2k said:

Yes Rob I saw her summarise the ceremony too. But I picked up most on what she said about....(possible spoiler)

how it will be a very carbon neutral ceremony which may be very relevant later on. Is it possible there may be no actual flame at all in the cauldron?

( how would it be a cauldron if it is not a receptacle for the flame ?  )

1 minute ago, Rob. said:

It would be odd to do a huge torch relay across Brazil then not have an Olympic flame at the end of it. Unless they are REALLY going to make a statement that changes the tradition for all future Games. Maybe they'll make a big thing of it.

There's zero chance they axe the cauldron. We know what it looks like and how its going to work. I won't get into details because I know some people want to be surprised but there's going to be one and there's going to be real fire. 

2 minutes ago, Blazerblaz3 said:

There's zero chance they axe the cauldron. We know what it looks like and how its going to work. I won't get into details because I know some people want to be surprised but there's going to be one and there's going to be real fire. 

Probably will be a smaller flame or a single small flame moving from one point to another 

5 minutes ago, Blazerblaz3 said:

Like I said, I'm staying quiet out of respect for others but you've almost got the right idea

Oh dear. I'm just guessing! Ok I'm not going to speculate anymore.