9 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Nope.  Highly inflated,  All of Beijing's ceremonies cost $145 million.  London's total was $128 million.  (I think Rio's, when all is said and down, was cut down from the original $125 million budget to probably $85 mil.  Hey, those tricycles (unless they were donated) which NBC cameras cut out mostly, cost quite a bit.  

Well, leave it to the NBC affiliates to get it all wrong then! Still, I'd find Beijing's $145 million quite modest then for their extravagant show back in 2008. I'd say a figure of about half of the 'highly inflated' amount would be much more accurate. Especially if Rio's does cost $85 million in the end, with a probable difference of $60 million from the Chinese, then the Brazilians should've done better. 

6 hours ago, Olympic Fan Darcy said:

In another post I did say

Yes, you did. But you still mentioned that "Sochi's was pretty damn good", which for being the most expensive Olympics ever, I wouldn't even classify it that high.

So I would like to know Sochi's ceremonies numbers. Baron, any insight on that, since you seem to know all those figures!

Honestly...Sochi's wasn't that great. This was better than Sochi's.

Sydney still had the best ceremonies IMO...it told a story and it told it damn well.

2 hours ago, FYI said:

Well, leave it to the NBC affiliates to get it all wrong then! Still, I'd find Beijing's $145 million quite modest then for their extravagant show back in 2008. I'd say a figure of about half of the 'highly inflated' amount would be much more accurate. Especially if Rio's does cost $85 million in the end, with a probable difference of $60 million from the Chinese, then the Brazilians should've done better. 

Yimou had a post-Games interview wherein he said that his budget was nowhere close to the known $185 million of Doha 2006.  I remember that because I thought the overall Beijing budget would be much higher than the 2006, most of which went just to their Opening Ceremony.  The Asians had no Paralympics to deal with.  

On 8/5/2016 at 2:27 AM, Sir Rols said:

Well, it's on at nice civilised time here in Oz - broadcast starts at 9:30am Saturday morning.

I'll be watching with hubby. We plan to make some Pan de Queso to munch on as we watch.

singularidad.jpg

woooow yumme