• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had in my head that it started 2am BST. Don't know why I thought that. OK, it's a date then. May fall asleep during it, but hopefully not because of it.

*****semi spoiler**** Hazel Irvine on BBC saying themes will be looking after the environment, making the most of what you've got and looking after the earth's resources, and Brazilian music

This is getting quite freaky now. I'm watching and listening to the BBC "no commentary" version on projection, but I 've also got a television tuned to the standard BBC version, muted, with subtitles switched on- and the subtitles are going absolutely crazy during the Parade.

2 minutes ago, Tatsh said:

Kids with plant in their hands, that's some tribute to London 2012?

Every athlete at these Games has been given a seed and they will plant a small forest. It's a nice legacy idea actually.

Interesting ceremony so far. But it's only been 50 minutes. There must be some more artistic segments to come after the parade?

Also missing: a tribute to past Olympics in the countdown, and the Olympic rings.

A very bizarre, non-traditional, yet strangely highly entertaining ceremony thus far.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Tatsh said:

Kids with plant in their hands, that's some tribute to London 2012?

Probably a gift to each nation of an indigenous Brazilian tree/plant to bring back home. Try getting that through customs!

1 minute ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

This is getting quite freaky now. I'm watching and listening to the BBC "no commentary" version on projection, but I 've also got a television tuned to the standard BBC version, muted, with subtitles switched on- and the subtitles are going absolutely crazy during the Parade.

Also, yes, I've drunk quite a lot of South American wine (Chilean rather than  Brazilian- nobody's perfect).

2 minutes ago, ofan said:

Interesting ceremony so far. But it's only been 50 minutes. There must be some more artistic segments to come after the parade?

Also missing: a tribute to past Olympics in the countdown, and the Olympic rings.

A very bizarre, non-traditional, yet strangely highly entertaining ceremony thus far.

A lot of the recent ceremonies have lasted that time (40-45 minutes actually). The longest one was Beijing's I believe.