Just now, The Tower Bridge Fox said:

So far

The creative segment was much more stylish and pointed then London,
but London's athletes parade was better

I think London's Meadow set was probably the best ever dressing up of an Olympic stadium.

I have a suspicion that there may be a bit more creative segment to come ...

Thought so far:

- Love the opening drone footage of various sports and places in Rio. Simple, elegant footage accompanied by soothing music. 

- Confusing countdown didnt have the impact of actually opening the ceremony. 

- One of my fave anthem's rendition ever. Quintessential Brazillian vibe. Moving and close to heart with kids and adults draped in flag. 

- Stunning visuals of the rainforest segment with strings. Truly unforgettable aesthetic and this will def be one of the classics in ceremony history. Perfect use of simple prop, lighting and music. This is the only few times where the floor projection effect is really complementing the performance. 

- Arrival segment is economical yet evocative. Quite poignant and visceral portrayal of Africans in chained weighted shoes. 

- Gisele given the walk of her lifetime sashaying down the field. Wished she wore something less formal and uptight.

- Block favela stage is quite interesting especially when they jump all around it. The scale of it in comparison with human is quite something.  

- It starts to lose me with all the dancing and singing segment. 

- Overall there bit too much floor projection for my liking. It casts weird shadows onto the performers. And you can def see this is an economical ceremony compared to the past since Sydney. Showed so much promise in the beginning forest scene but kinda go downhill from there. 

• Like 1