We couldn't have an OC without the live chat! I'm surprised no-one started the thread a week ago.

Anyway, here it is ready for all of us to share our thoughts, joys and cringes as they happen (unless you're on an NBC delayed broadcast). And hopefully some of the lucky members there will be able to post from the stadium itself.

Just about 24 hours to go! Looking forward to some Brazilian partying!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

We couldn't have an OC without the live chat! I'm surprised no-one started the thread a week ago.

Anyway, here it is ready for all of us to share our thoughts, joys and cringes as they happen (unless you're on an NBC delayed broadcast). And hopefully some of the lucky members there will be able to post from the stadium itself.

Just about 24 hours to go! Looking forward to some Brazilian partying!

Luckily the BBC does not do a delayed broadcast even though its midnight her when the OC begins. 

Thanks for the alert - I'd just checked the Freeview guide and yesterday they had it at 9:30 - but now I see they say 9. The TV would have been on to Channel 7 well before anyway - though I can usually do without all the studio filler before they switch to the OBS feed of the ceremony.

At least Eddie Maguire won't be commentating this time.

Deffo midnight. This time in 24 hours, the OC broadcast will have started here. 

*just got shivers writing that. Is it really 4 years? West Ham opened the rebuilt stadium tonight. Enjoy it Brazil, it'll be over before you think it's started. 

2 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

Well, it's on at nice civilised time here in Oz - broadcast starts at 9:30am Saturday morning.

I'll be watching with hubby. We plan to make some Pan de Queso to munch on as we watch.

singularidad.jpg

Pão de Queijo is great :)

After two olympics openings in a row unable to join the live chat due to studies/work, I think i'll finally be able to join for this year. 

Seems like yesterday when we were seeing a green pleasant land being changed by the Industrial revolution. I hope tomorrow shows that you can still do something impressive with low budget. 

sorry if am repeating a question but,

Any one know where to watch the OC ONLINE in the US?

The ceremony starts at 11am Saturday morning here in New Zealand

I am planning not to leave the house, especially as its due to be raining most of the day in Wellington, so I will be wrapped up warm with coffee, waffles , eggs and bacon...not very Brazillian i know but need to keep my strength up for the 16 days of constant sports ahead.

3 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

It will be live in EST; otherwise, probably not.  Remember, NBC paid $1.226 BILLION for these Games.  They're just not going to give it away to anyone. 

All that money yet those twats will still have the audacity to stuff commercials in between the pageantry.

I'm watching it live on TV but if anyone finds a link online where we can watch it without commercial interruptions I will greatly appreciate it!

3 minutes ago, alphamale86 said:

Do we need to start a chat for the east coast NBC coverage and one for the West coast NBC coverage I really want to be apart of the live chat but living in LA means seeing it on a 4 hour delay.

Usually those who have delayed coverage just continue their own chat on this thread amongst themselves  when their broadcast is on - just don't look back if you don't want spoilers!

Just realised after 13 years on this forum tonight I'm going to lose my ceremony live chat virginity...

2004, 2006 Was a student so don't know what I was doing and anyway, my PC and tele weren't in the same room

2008 Was working so didn't watch it live

2010 I've still only seen clips of that ceremony!

2012 Only poked my head in here, wanted to watch the ceremony without distraction

2014 Was on a train to Nottingham