rio olympic sweepstakes thingie - krow style

let's do a sweepstakes but with a sexy krow twist.

put your name here and i will give you a random country. something about little strips of paper and a big hat and iphone pics. unless i get lazy and then i'll just tell you i did that. i will also come up with a clever nickname you can change your display name to. 

oh wait. remember how i said there would be a sexy krow twist? no? well start from the beginning of this post. see it? ah-ha.

the twist is that you lose points for every medal your country gets! so you're actually rooting against your team. -3 pts for a gold. 2pts for a silver and 0 pts for a bronze because lol it's not really even a medal, come on now.

wait. did you think that was the only twist? well, it's not. well, it was going to be but then i re-read what i had written so far and it sounded boring, so you'll get a second country to root FOR. +3 pts for a gold and 2pts for a silver.

this is nuts. totally wild. is it even legal? well, i don't know. we'll have someone check on that but for now please put your name down.

we're going to be picking countries from about the 10-20 range from the gracenote predictions. and then probably a whole bunch of other ones too.

ah! got you! did you think those were the only two twists? oh my god have you even met me before? well, probably not unless your ejaycat, rols, or nykfan but of course there's a third twist.

everyone will also get a wildcard third country from the bottom of the gracenote list: 10 pts for a gold 7 pts for a silver and what the hell 1 pt for a bronze. why not. it's been a hard week. we've earned it.

i will also come up with a clever nickname you can change your display name to. 

That would appear to be a cunning plan to persuade skinflints like me to stump up $14.99 for Premium Membership.

Hmmmm. I can probably improvise something like a new sig instead. Maybe even without postage stamps, for the first time since Glasgow 2014.

6 hours ago, krow said:

fourth twist: you also get 15 points if any of your countries' athletes die during the games (toxic water). just, you know, something aspirational.

You could also give points if someone get zika. A good athlete have no fear of mosquitos!

Anyway, I'm in.

well i need more people than this. the damn ceremony's on friday, and probably some inconsequential medals given on sat. i'm just going to start signing people up pretty soon.

jeez. you try and do something nice for the forum and look where it gets you. 2k fewer posts in your count and people asking you to create spreadsheets. omg.

I demand Russia.

Do we get retrospective points if a team member from one of our countries gives birth to a deformed baby say.... nine months from now?

Also do we get an extra 5 points each time an Australian complains about the village/claims their laptop was stolen/forced to get cash from an ATM by a random mugger wearing a police uniform?

Oh and is it extra money round whenever a tourist gets slaughtered and we can prove it via a liveleak post?

Edited by thatsnotmypuppy

3 hours ago, thatsnotmypuppy said:

Do we get retrospective points if a team member from one of our countries gives birth to a deformed baby say.... nine months from now?

obviously yes.

Also do we get an extra 5 points each time an Australian complains about the village/claims their laptop was stolen/forced to get cash from an ATM by a random mugger wearing a police uniform?

lol have you been watching netflix's lilihammer? well, i did and the only thing i could think about was, wow those brazilian muggers speak really good english.

you can get +5 points if you can prove one of your athletes was mugged. "they broke into my room and stole my imac" doesn't count. the NOCs probably have insurance and lol the athletes are like 22.

Oh and is it extra money round whenever a tourist gets slaughtered and we can prove it via a liveleak post?

i thought about this the other day and had to come to the painful decision that, since we're talking about brazil, it'd be too hard to keep track of tourist deaths. we're going to have to restrict this one to the athletes.

if you can think of more point deductions i'm open to the idea. nothing with doping though because i'm only one man. plus i can't deduct points from 80 percent of all athletes.

Do we get points if back in the country we are rooting for there's racial conflict, shooting, terrorist attack, Presidency candidates offending minorities, xenophobia, immigration issues? Do we get a plus if it attacks/bombs other countries people are rooting for? Do we get a plus +++ if it offends international law? If yes, I am in!!