Artistic Gymnastics at the Rio Olympics.

German's are on fire on the Bars!! Both Seitz & Scheder put up 15.400's!! Becky Downie now down to 7th.. and Ellie Downie gets injured on the Floor (Hits her Head) Unable to continue :( The Floor really needs to inspected because it's been messing with loads of Gymnasts. I hope Ellie is ok.

Tinkler earns 14.600 on Floor. Knocks Ponor out of the FX Finals :( Germany currently in 1st Place with Brazil in 2nd, China 3rd, GB 4th & Russia 5th. Normally for me, Meets like this would be a disaster with all the mistakes and injuries but if Brazil can win a Team Medal, This'll be one of my favourite Gymnastics Moments!

Ellie Downie returned for Vault, 14.833. Rebeca Andrade of Brazil leads AA as we come into Session 4 and only 0.01 separates 3rd & 4th Place in Team Standings which is GB & Brazil. Session 4 (Netherlands, USA, Mixed Groups 2 & 4) Will begin soon.

I'm watching the live stream only of Team USA. Have seen every routine. Throwing out Gabby's scores on floor and vault. Still questioning Marta's choice, but Raisman is looking so good she might have beat Hernandez anyway. Simone's floor and both vaults -- AWESOME. Astronomical scores. 

12 minutes ago, Athensfan said:

I'm watching the live stream only of Team USA. Have seen every routine. Throwing out Gabby's scores on floor and vault. Still questioning Marta's choice, but Raisman is looking so good she might have beat Hernandez anyway. Simone's floor and both vaults -- AWESOME. Astronomical scores. 

share the link please??? This dumbass BBC cameraman thoguht it was smarter to film underage girls sitting down doing nothing than simone biles on the uneven bars

The US is nearly 10 POINTS ahead of China. Unbelievable. Biles, Raisman, Douglas 1,2,3 in AA. It would've been super close between Hernandez and Raisman if Hernandez had done bars. Raisman had huge balance check on beam and Hernandez qualified in 2nd for beam finals.

Simone. Just astonishing. 

19 minutes ago, Athensfan said:

US has number one qualifier in every event final and qualified 2 athletes for every event final except vault. 

It really was SPECTACULAR domination.

And the only reason why we didn't qualify another athlete in vault was because Aly was too scared of doing a 2nd vault. It's always a tricky situation that doesn't always pay off. Jake Dalton could have qualified for the vault final had he not landed so badly on his 2nd vault. Plus that looked like it hurt too, and that's the thing we also saw yesteday, if you don't land right on a vault you can risk some serious injury!

All-Around - Simone Biles (1st), Aly Raisman (2nd), Gabby Douglas (3rd)*

Vault - Simone Biles (1st)

Uneven Bars - Madison Kocian (1st), Gabby Douglas (3rd)

Balance Beam - Simone Biles (1st), Laurie Hernandez (2nd), Gabby Douglas & Aly Raisman (Joint 7th)*

Floor Exercise - Simone Biles (1st), Aly Raisman (2nd), Laurie Hernandez (4th)*, Gabby Douglas (8th)*

* = Gymnasts that cannot compete in the Finals due to the 2-Per Country rule.

^^ This just shows how dominating the United States have been. Looks like Marta wants to leave her last Olympics with a powerful statement.

I wish the 3-Per Country rule in the All-Around still existed because a clean sweep in the All-Around could have definately happened.

30 minutes ago, LatinXTC said:

And the only reason why we didn't qualify another athlete in vault was because Aly was too scared of doing a 2nd vault. It's always a tricky situation that doesn't always pay off. Jake Dalton could have qualified for the vault final had he not landed so badly on his 2nd vault. Plus that looked like it hurt too, and that's the thing we also saw yesteday, if you don't land right on a vault you can risk some serious injury!

Wouldn't really have mattered considering Hong, Paseka, Karmakar & Chuso usually hit in the Finals and post big scores. Andrade could have been in the final if she had a 2nd vault but her medalling is a different story.

So here's my theory on Hernandez not doing bars:

Marta believes Raisman is the stronger all-arounder right now. I think it's that simple. 

Despite a big error from Raisman on beam and no major mistakes from Hernandez, on floor, vault and beam combined, Raisman outscored Hernandez by .508. And that was WITH the big balance check on beam. 

So that brings us to bars where Raisman scored 14.733. Hernandez would have had to score better than 15.241 on bars to overtake her. That would've been a tall order, but not impossible. However, if Raisman had not bobbled on beam, Hernandez would've had an even bigger gap to close on bars.,

So there would appear to be a decent argument that Raisman is the stronger all-arounder at this moment in time. Perhaps Marta made the right call. She had to put up Douglas on bars and it's good she did after that sterling routine. That meant she was forced to split hairs and make a judgment call between Raisman and Hernandez who are both outstanding and are separated by the slimmest of margins. Somebody had to lose out. 

Maybe it was the right call after all. 

^This. Also, Japan make it it into Team Finals. Canada miss out by just 0.2 behind Netherlands. Germany & Netherlands qualify for the first time in Olympic Team Finals in aaagggeeesssss. I think Brazil have a chance of Medalling in Team if Russia & GB perform the way they did in Quals. I think Andrade has a chance of sneaking onto the AA Podium whilst Saraiva has a strong chance of a Beam Medal.