The new site

17 hours ago, Rob. said:

The main thing that needs fixing is seeing who is liking posts! But I gather that's a problem with the new software, nothing the mod can do :(

On another forum I post at (which uses the exact same software) you can see who liked your posts. So its definitely do-able. 

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Looks like it yeah.

I think invision must've really buggered up their latest update. The other forum I post on that uses this software (http://comeonyouspurs.com/) has been down for a week too because the update has failed. Must be a lot of angry forum admins out there.

Edited by Rob.

• 1 month later...

It's a ghost of what it once was. Says a lot that it took Krow to spark any activity for Eurovision this year. Even Rio time was a shade of games times past. Maybe we might have some live chat for the election tomorrow - but after that I can't see much that would spark a lot of activity till host city  vote week next year.

Should I do a logo comp this year? I've picked out the hosts, even got a few of the lead-up activities worked out. Is it worth one last try?

I think a lot of it is a matter of preference, too (your favorite city being in a race, etc). Members like Gangwon (who I enjoyed reading posts from), was a big PyeongChang 2018 supporter & was very active then. But since the awarding of those Games in 2011, he hasn't been as active here, virtual nil now. Perhaps when PC'18 starts up, he'll make an appearance once again.

Same with respective members like Soaring & Andrew8 (from way back). And even when Toronto hinted at maybe making a run for 2024 last year, many Canadians were already starting to buzz around the forums. But when that didn't pan out, they fizzled away. Had Toronto bid for 2024, I bet this site would be all a glow right now (like it was back in 2001) with many Canadians posting here like crazy. And that woulda been something with the L.A. booster(s) floating around now! :lol:

Even 2012 was a good round here simply for the fact of all the high-profile bid cities on the bidding roster. Another thing is not that many people coming around here now with their dreampipe cities thinking they can host the Olympics (I.e. Minneapolis, Leipzig, Cincinnati, etc).

Hmmmm. Yeah, Toronto in the race would have livened things up... a bit. I for one was hoping that would happen purely to spark up the board a bit. But we have LA V Paris. That's no slouch line-up. And for all the weight of expectations on Paris, I don't think it's a race that's settled yet. And, yeah, we do have a bit of to-ing and fro-ing between the respective supporters, and the inevitable troll supporters, but even then I don't think it's a shade of the Anglo-French wars going on in the 2012 race. Yeah, 2012 was vintage here - probably the high point of the board. I don't think anything' really matched that one here ever since. It's stating the obvious that we just don't have any of the back chatter banter and engagement in other topics that we used to have. Maybe it's just ennui - I sure don't have the same engagement and attraction I used to have to here.

On 06/11/2016 at 8:05 PM, JMarkSnow2012 said:

But at least one person, TeamBlakeUSA, still does post here, very frequently indeed !

Again, it says a lot that the most prolific poster here these days is the most idiotic contributor in ages. And he manages to do that on a post limit! :blink:

Edited by Sir Rols

• 8 months later...

Sigh! Once upon a time when the site got a nice new look like it's just gotten, it would have sparked heaps of comment. Now I just wonder if anyone's noticed at al.

BTW - also, has anyone noticed he new options we've got for "liking" posts? Sadly, Rob, still anonymous though.

• Sad 1

Have just noticed a more eye friendly look...The fourth incarnation that I've seen since joining a gazillion years ago. Seems brighter and more user freindly. 

Page turn that Rob has mentioned still not fixed but not a biggy. (By the way Rob, that's my Cup). :)

Site has gone quiet over the last few years, mainly since London...but I think it could light up a bit more when Paris and LA are finalised and a new venue for the 2022 CWGs named.

Edited by Alexjc
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Rob. said:

Thanks! Who's Rod by the way?

Sorry dude on the other side of the world, b's and d's are the other way around... :D

Edited by Alexjc

• 2 weeks later...