The new site

9 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

The fonts - I'd still like to be able to change them. Aesthetically, I've always preferred the clean, neater look of Arial.

That makes it sound as if you're not getting an Arial/Helvetica-style font as default, which according to this site's CSS you should be. Do you have some weird preferences set in your browser?

One glitch I've just noticed this very minute is that if I'm reading a thread before signing in, I lose it when I sign in, and end up in what seems to be the last thread I read before signing out last time I visited.

6 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

So I just noticed that you can't reply to topics started by the GBMod in the Newswire section???????

This is also happening in the Ask the moderator topics..

Maybe it's just me but I rarely find new websites to be an improvement on the old. I find there is usually always something I can't do or can't find as easily on the newer version compared to the old. I'm afraid I'm finding this one is proving to be no exception. Experiencing delays in loading posts and different pages as well.:wacko:

Oh well, I'm sure it will all work out in the end, and then just as I've got comfortable with this version, no doubt it will all change again! ;)

• Like 1

Just discovered I can't turn the page in a thread without having to refresh my browser. Anybody else experiencing this problem?:wacko:

And why are we limited to 10 likes a day? I want to like as many posts as I was able to do formerly! :angry:

Edited by Mainad
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

Tell you the truth, I think this upgrade has been one big step backwards. Looks cleaner perhaps, but it's less stable, more glitchy and lost lots of good features only to be replaced by a bunch of new, but pretty useless features.

I would have liked to have liked this post. But this new website doesn't like me liking anything more than 10 times a day and I've already had my quota apparently! :(;)

• Like 2

I'm getting more and more frustrated with the new site. Just tried, and tried, and tried and ... well, you get it. I continually tried to quote one post to reply to it, and EVERY time it put up a completely different post quote, no matter what I did.

Then I tried to do a search for a particular topic I know we had going a while back. Did a keyword search, got about a dozen pages of results, but every time I tried to click beyond the second page of search results I kept getting: "error. You must wait another 8 seconds to conduct another search".

Then, jus the other day, I was reading one of GBMod's articles from Rio. At the top of it (on the main GBids home page) there's a banner - "Discuss this topic and more. Click now, your opinion counts". But, you guessed it, it may take you through to the forums, but there is no way to comment upon any of the GB Newswire articles or posts any more.

Technically, this last update has been a real dog.

• Like 2

I don't want to sound like a Luddite. But can't we have the old website back? These so-called 'updates' and 'improvements' are just too stressful to cope with. For any new useful feature we always seem to lose about half a dozen useful old ones.

I don't think I've ever experienced a website update anywhere (not just this one)  that wasn't a pain to navigate compared to the old one! :wacko:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mainad said:

I don't want to sound like a Luddite. But can't we have the old website back? These so-called 'updates' and 'improvements' are just too stressful to cope with. For any new useful feature we always seem to lose about half a dozen useful old ones.

I don't think I've ever experienced a website update anywhere (not just this one)  that wasn't a pain to navigate compared to the old one! :wacko:

To be fair, I think this update was forced on Rob, and in communications I've had with him, he's been frustrated with it as well. But I stand that this has been a particularly bad and backwards moving update.

• Like 2

On 14 August 2016 at 5:25 PM, Scotguy said:

Should we start a petition? :P

Oh yeah, GBMod LOVES petitions!

I think the horse has bolted on going back now. Best we can do I assume is get used to it, and hope Rob still might be able to tweak some of the features when he gets back to Toronto.

Edited by Sir Rols

Main issue I'm having is when pressing a page number it takes me to the page but doesn't load the posts and then I have to refresh the page. 

On 7 August 2016 at 2:20 AM, Mainad said:

Just discovered I can't turn the page in a thread without having to refresh my browser. Anybody else experiencing this problem?:wacko:

And why are we limited to 10 likes a day? I want to like as many posts as I was able to do formerly! :angry:

Mainad says it better :P 

52 minutes ago, yoshi said:

And the thread titles are displaying properly on mobile now. All that's left is sorting out the previous & next page buttons so we don't have to refresh each time. 

The main thing that needs fixing is seeing who is liking posts! But I gather that's a problem with the new software, nothing the mod can do :(