Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
yoshi

The new site

Recommended Posts

yoshi    249

So now the forum is back up, which is obviously good news, but is anyone else on mobile format having problems with how thread titles are displayed? The text appears to be written vertically - like so:

R

i

o

2

0

1

6

etc...is it just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Rols    1821

Hmmmmm. Figured something was afoot - that was one big downtime yesterday!  Now trying to get my head around the changes. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but a few initial thoughts:

Sorta miss that the status updates aren't displayed anywhere on the home page. Yeah, they could be mis-used (though I haven't seen any status spammers in a long time). But it was a good shorthand way of posting a quick message without starting a whole new thread.

I can't see any quick tools to post pics. What's the deal there now - do we have to manually enter html code around an image address now? Ditto video.

When I go into a thread and I click onto an earlier page, or one where there's lots of new content and I'm trying to click onto the next page, I seem to go into an endless loading loop. Is it just me? Actually, just tried again, and I'm finding it damn near impossible to navigate backwards and forwards through a thread.

I'm missing that if you click on a thread, or a forum area, that you can't see which members are reading that thread, or are in that forum area, any more.

Haven't tried it on a mobile device yet - I'll get round to that later. 

 

Edited by Sir Rols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GBModerator    178
5 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Hmmmmm. Figured something was afoot - that was one big downtime yesterday!  Now trying to get my head around the changes. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but a few initial thoughts:

Sorta miss that the status updates aren't displayed anywhere on the home page. Yeah, they could be missed (though I haven't seen any status spammers in a long time). But it was a good shorthand way of posting a quick message without starting a whole new thread.

I can't see any quick tools to post pics. What's the deal there now - do we have to manually enter html code around an image address now? Ditto video.

When I go into a thread and I click onto an earlier page, or one where there's lots of new content and I'm trying to click onto the next page, I seem to go into an endless loading loop. Is it just me?

Haven't tried it on a mobile device yet - I'll get round to that later. 

Try the INSERT OTHER MEDIA button at the bottom of the post box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob.    1976

There's a button at the bottom of the reply window "Insert other media" for pictures and stuff

Your other points, can't figure out either.

The "streams" functionality is....interesting. I've tried to create a custom stream to replicate the old "New posts" functionality but it's not quite the same (it doesn't show the pages in a thread). Miss that a bit.

Looks good though. thanks Rob.

Edited by Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob.    1976

Just paste the URL straight into the window, as before

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Rols    1821

Okay - got it!

 

I like how the video's displayed large now!

 

Edited by Sir Rols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Rols    1821

Okay, been doing a lot of kicking the tyres now. Biggest problem I'm finding is navigation within a thread. Once a thread is open, to go to any other page, or just to go to next page or previous page, I just get an unending loading loop. This applies both to my PC and on my iPad (otherwise, the new site is looking normal on my tablet).  Anyone else having the same prob? My broadband otherwise is okay - never had problems with its speed.

Update: Okay, I have now been able to view content when flicking and navigating through a thread, but only when I refresh my browser whenever I go to a new page. Happens on both the iPad and the computer. Not optimum, but at least it works.

 

On the plus side, looking through my past content, I see every post is now archived and accessible RIGHT TO THE BEGINNING. Funny seeing he first ever post I made on GBids back in 2004!

 

Edited by Sir Rols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scotguy    323

I miss the new topic section, now it wont be so easy to see when someone starts a new thread or topic...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Rols    1821

Hey, I just realised... we don't get to use signature's any more????

 

Edited by Sir Rols

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StefanMUC    640
7 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

Okay, been doing a lot of kicking the tyres now. Biggest problem I'm finding is navigation within a thread. Once a thread is open, to go to any other page, or just to go to next page or previous page, I just get an unending loading loop. This applies both to my PC and on my iPad (otherwise, the new site is looking normal on my tablet).  Anyone else having the same prob? My broadband otherwise is okay - never had problems with its speed.

Update: Okay, I have now been able to view content when flicking and navigating through a thread, but only when I refresh my browser whenever I go to a new page. Happens on both the iPad and the computer. Not optimum, but at least it works.

 

On the plus side, looking through my past content, I see every post is now archived and accessible RIGHT TO THE BEGINNING. Funny seeing he first ever post I made on GBids back in 2004!

Same problems here...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rob.    1976

OK, I'm getting the same bug as Rols and Stefan on my mobile (it's fine on my laptop).

Click on the NEXT or PREV page buttons in any thread and the loading icon comes up but the page never actually loads.

That's using Chrome browser on a Samsung Galaxy S6

Edited by Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
baron-pierreIV    1622

I'm not encountering any pf the problems noted above -- except the usual bothersome posters (and the double spacing when one hits "Return.")

I thought the new look would fix that too!!  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GBModerator    178
14 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

Okay, been doing a lot of kicking the tyres now. Biggest problem I'm finding is navigation within a thread. Once a thread is open, to go to any other page, or just to go to next page or previous page, I just get an unending loading loop. This applies both to my PC and on my iPad (otherwise, the new site is looking normal on my tablet).  Anyone else having the same prob? My broadband otherwise is okay - never had problems with its speed.

Update: Okay, I have now been able to view content when flicking and navigating through a thread, but only when I refresh my browser whenever I go to a new page. Happens on both the iPad and the computer. Not optimum, but at least it works.

 

On the plus side, looking through my past content, I see every post is now archived and accessible RIGHT TO THE BEGINNING. Funny seeing he first ever post I made on GBids back in 2004!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BRING BACK THE SIGS!

0oRLDA.jpg

h2aRW3.jpg

CLICK HERE TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT TO BRINGING BACK THE SIGNATURES TO GAMESBIDS!

I can't replicate this problem - it's not happening on any of my test devices.  Perhaps clear your cache or cookies or something like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMarkSnow2012    354
11 hours ago, Rob. said:

OK, I'm getting the same bug as Rols and Stefan on my mobile (it's fine on my laptop).

Click on the NEXT or PREV page buttons in any thread and the loading icon comes up but the page never actually loads.

That's using Chrome browser on a Samsung Galaxy S6

 

In Firefox (Windows 10), the new page loads when the browser Refresh is pressed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Rols    1821
8 hours ago, GBModerator said:

I can't replicate this problem - it's not happening on any of my test devices.  Perhaps clear your cache or cookies or something like that?

Still having the prob - but I can work around it using the browser refresh (on OSX). A bit wary of clearing cookies or cache - I'll be stuffed if I have to remember the passwords for most of the sites I visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
woohooitsme83    289
1 hour ago, Sir Rols said:

Still having the prob - but I can work around it using the browser refresh (on OSX). A bit wary of clearing cookies or cache - I'll be stuffed if I have to remember the passwords for most of the sites I visit.

Ah, there's your problem ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paul    578

                                                                                                    (I love white tiger):wub:

0oRLDA.jpg

..who is that second from the left bottom row...I don't know him?:huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sir Rols    1821

Are you talking these guys?

PQMJS2.jpg

 

that's (from left) Roni from Lake Placid, the un-named jaguar from Mexico City and Magique from Albertville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paul    578

oh a Mexican jaguar....I never knew him before. I thought you were trying to sneak something in.^_^

22mascot_001.jpg

Edited by paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JMarkSnow2012    354

Anybody else having problems with the new implementation of Multiquote including quotes from the previous time you used Multiquote? [Not a huge problem, I admit, as they can easily be deleted]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×