Sign in to follow this  
gotosy

Swimming At Rio 2016

31 minutes ago, Texas said:

American Simone Manuel just made history in a race that she had no chance to win. 

Remarkable, really. Teared up at her win. An amazing moment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nykfan845 said:

Remarkable, really. Teared up at her win. An amazing moment.

Me too!

37 minutes ago, Faster said:

Sun Yang doesn't even qualify for the 1500m final. Shocking.

lol good!!!

Clearly he didn't even dope enough!

If that's to be Phelps' individual  swan song, kinda disappointed it was silver. But can't begrudge a first gold ever for Singapore, and what a fitting three way tie of greats for second - Phelps, Cseh and Le Clos!

Edited by Sir Rols

Sothe end of an era. Fitting Phelps finished with gold. For whatever you think of him, it's been a privilege to watch the career of, I was gonna say one of the greats, but have to say now, Greatest (apologies Ali).

Woah woah woah. Okay woah, he's definitely the greatest Olympian at this point: no question. But let's not go down that path of "the" greatest athlete. It's always gonna be a toss-up between guys like Ali, Jim Thorpe, Babe Ruth, Joe Montana, Gordie Howe, Willie Mays, and Jordan. Phelps gets the honor now of being in that list. But there really won't be a definitive "#1"

Simone Manuel wins silver in the 50 freestyle and gold in the 400 medley relay.  That's four medals, two individual medals.

Looks like Team USA has a brand new star, and this one is an unexpected star too, with everyone thinking that the likes of Michael Phelps, Allyson Felix, Simone Biles, Gabby Douglas and Katie Ledecky coming out of the Olympics as we expected them to. 

Nobody thought that Simone Manuel was going to medal, much less tie for the gold medal in the 100 Freestyle.

Lots of success from US women... even with a disappearing Missy Franklin, who was supposed to be the next big thing. 

Fate can be cruel sometimes 

10 hours ago, Texas said:

Simone Manuel wins silver in the 50 freestyle and gold in the 400 medley relay.  That's four medals, two individual medals.

Looks like Team USA has a brand new star, and this one is an unexpected star too, with everyone thinking that the likes of Michael Phelps, Allyson Felix, Simone Biles, Gabby Douglas and Katie Ledecky coming out of the Olympics as we expected them to. 

Nobody thought that Simone Manuel was going to medal, much less tie for the gold medal in the 100 Freestyle.

maya dirado had a good olympics as well, grabbing that individual gold in the 200m backstroke to secure her spot as over-achiever of the decade with her perfect SATs and stanford double degree.

forget eric garcetti, dirado's the one that could put obama to shame. 

On 7-8-2016 at 4:12 AM, Hansfromdenmark said:

That part surprised me too... But i don´t know if it´s a first time, or i just have bad memory

A late post...:-) 

The finish left or right: that depends on the camera positions and the space around the swimming pool. From the camera position, the finishes were right in Rio, Athens, Sydney and Atlanta. And left in Beijing and London. The same happens during world champs.