GamesBids members meeting in Rio ?

Since a lot of us will be there staying near the General Osorio Metro Station, who will be interesting in a meeting at the Shenanigans Irish Pub (as proposed by Rastafounder few weeks ago).

We all have a busy schedule with a lot of events, so maybe we can try to meet on Thursday the 4th. I can be there around 21h00. It will be hard for me to find another date.

The place is one block away from the metro station.

Who's interested ?

I have just registered but have been following the board for a while and learning a lot. I am from the UK and will be attending the Rio Olympics with my husband having attended the London games in 2012. We will be staying just round the corner from the General Osorio metro station and so hopefully could make that day to meet. Could we maybe start the meet before 21.00 (maybe 20.00) so that if people want to eat elsewhere afterwards they have that option or could decide as the evening progressed. Looking forward to meeting people.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a place to watch the OC too.
Was thinking about the harbour area where the flame will be lit and where there are big screens. But not going there alone.

Can you people give some advice about how to take stuff with you around Rio, safety etc?

Globo TV and NHK will broadcast the OC live in 8K from the new museum at Praça Mauá that is near the place where is the cauldron. I was thinking to watch the OC there until the flame arrives the stadium and run to try to see the cauldron live. But I must know if the place will be open or closed to public.

On 8/1/2016 at 0:05 PM, gotosy said:

hey I just get tickets for opening ceremony!!

now need to reschedule my plans. I supposed to be in Iguazu falls in this day, now I will have to flight to Rio only to watch the ceremony :)

Congrats!!  But DON'T miss Iguazu at all.  You're already down there, experience it now.  You may never get the chance again!! 

I saw the pub the other day so no problem to get there tonight. Will be there I hope around 20.30 or 21.00 (depends if we try to eat before or not). Does the place get very busy as not sure I would know how to identify other Gamesbid members from other drinkers!

1 hour ago, Sculler said:

I saw the pub the other day so no problem to get there tonight. Will be there I hope around 20.30 or 21.00 (depends if we try to eat before or not). Does the place get very busy as not sure I would know how to identify other Gamesbid members from other drinkers!

I will wear a red t-shirt with a red checkered shirt - shorts and black sneakers...