Sign in to follow this  
BTHarner

International Society of Olympic Historians

I had flirted with the idea of applying to join this organization many years ago, but I dropped the idea and eventually totally forgot about it. Tonight I saw a reference to it on my Facebook news feed and my interest was piqued once again. I'd just like to know if anyone here belongs and do they feel that it enhances their interest in the Olympic movement, Any feedback is much appreciated.

I had flirted with the idea of applying to join this organization many years ago, but I dropped the idea and eventually totally forgot about it. Tonight I saw a reference to it on my Facebook news feed and my interest was piqued once again. I'd just like to know if anyone here belongs and do they feel that it enhances their interest in the Olympic movement, Any feedback is much appreciated.

I belong. Best thing is you get the ISOH Journal (to which I have already contributed an article 2 years ago). Got my book reviewed there; and you communicate with those who tell the official Olympic stories. Unfortunately, they hold their meetings just a few days before the Games; so unless you're really dedicated and want to spend top prices to be there when they meet, then don't consider it seriously. I'm not spending top dollar to go to distant Oly host cities just to schmooze with my ISOH colleagues.

Thanks for your input Baron, It really doesn't seem worth it so I'll just forget about it once more.