Sign in to follow this  
thatsnotmypuppy

Pokemon GO - WTF?

Car accidents.

Injuries.

Home invasions.

Dead bodies.

This game in just a week has seemingly taken over the world. Here in Brisbane there have been hundreds of people congregating last weekend to battle Pokemons at the designated areas. There are people staring at their phone screens walking through the streets madly swiping and walking into walls...

I'll admit - curiosity got to me and I downloaded it to have a go. Sadly Brisbane seems infested with the same ten Pokemon everywhere :(

Yes, it has. They need to work on the servers and get it out to the rest of the world. I sit here in Germany waiting, cause I want to do it the correct way. There really are not that many real world problems when you consider how many people are playing.

My son walk 43km in two days. It will make people fit.

The only positive thing I see about this game is that will force people to go outdoors for a change. For anything else... I would rather keep playing the normal pokemon versions.

This must be an exclusive Australian thing because I haven't read Americans playing pokemon to be that stupid to run into walls and cause car accidents. The two main stories that have hit about Pokemon Go for the US is the story of a Wyoming girl finding a dead body while trying to search for pokemon and some douchebags in Missouri have used he lure module to start robbing people.

Other than that the game so far has done A LOT of good at least in my city. In Houston right now the weather is unbearably hot with the humidity high as well, but not at uncomfortable levels thankfully. I've never seen the parks so full during the summer time as I have seen them since Pokemon Go was released.

And a lot of people out and about catching pokemon are the ones that need to be outdoors and active the most. The US has a serious obesity issue and if this app is getting more people to go out and do some more walking then I am all for it.

Also we have become more social, which is ironic given that we're using a device that lately seems to have turned us anti-social. We can tell who is playing and aren't afraid to strike up a conversation with people about the game. People have even set up groups where they go and capture, battle gyms and just talk together.

Plus it's probably good for a lot of businesses as well since a lot of the pokestops are in restaurants and bars and people come to these places and have purchased food and drinks at these restaurants and bars while the lure modules are in play.

And increases in extra cell phone batteries or portable charges will go up, and possibly even higher-quality cell phones. If you do not have a premium cell phone brand and/or model then you're currently not fairing as well as those with the latest iphone or the last couple of Samsung Galaxy S models. So I expect those that want to be serious players in the game, which might include me lol, to start saving to make sure they get one of these premium phones so they can avoid the nuisance of the freezes.

Holocaust Museum: Please stop playing Pokémon Go here

The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum issued a statement on Monday that requested visitors to stop playing Pokémon Go on its premises.

“Playing the game is not appropriate in the museum, which is a memorial to the victims of Nazism,” Andrew Hollinger, the museum’s communications director, told The Washington Post. “We are trying to find out if we can get the museum excluded from the game.”

http://kdvr.com/2016/07/12/holocaust-museum-please-stop-playing-pokemon-go-here/

Utterly fkn mad over here in NZ!

Same as US and Aus...Accidents, tress passing, inappropriate places...

Oh and people don't know that Nintendo were stealing their personal info until a few hours ago.

This hype is ridiculous. A sad world where it needs a silly app to get kids (and adults) outdoors.

Probably more ecologically sound than using dog-walking as a reason to get outdoors though.

It didn't specify whether there is a stop or a gym at the museum. Either way the majority of the time you can access either by not entering the building. Although there are those occasions which I found out yesterday that you have to go inside the building to access either one of those and that needs to change.

The thing I'm uncomfortable with is the stops in a cemetery. Some of them are along the streets in the cemetery but there are a few pokestops that are in the middle of a bunch of graveyards so you have to get in there and access them, which I find rather disrespectful.

Utterly fkn mad over here in NZ!

Same as US and Aus...Accidents, tress passing, inappropriate places...

Oh and people don't know that Nintendo were stealing their personal info until a few hours ago.

Only Apple users. Android user settings do not give them much at all. Just GPS positioning obviously and your google/email address.

It didn't specify whether there is a stop or a gym at the museum. Either way the majority of the time you can access either by not entering the building. Although there are those occasions which I found out yesterday that you have to go inside the building to access either one of those and that needs to change.

The thing I'm uncomfortable with is the stops in a cemetery. Some of them are along the streets in the cemetery but there are a few pokestops that are in the middle of a bunch of graveyards so you have to get in there and access them, which I find rather disrespectful.

The Pokestops are only for balls/fruit etc - as long as they don't put gyms in cemeteries...

How soon until somebody suggest it as on Olympic sport?

LOL! Was just thinking too bad that the 2020 programme has already been decided...Tokyo/Japan would have been a suitable debut location.

Only Apple users. Android user settings do not give them much at all. Just GPS positioning obviously and your google/email address.

The Pokestops are only for balls/fruit etc - as long as they don't put gyms in cemeteries...

There's 3 gyms in the cemetery I went to lol but they're not deep within a field of graveyards thankfully.

Mine locked up yesterday. Do I have to delete my app, lose all my collection and start fresh. WTF!

Mine locked up yesterday. Do I have to delete my app, lose all my collection and start fresh. WTF!

If you were using the APK version then you are screwed as people caught having accounts through the APK version receive a lifetime ban