Sign in to follow this  
Sir Rols

GamesBids 2024 Summer Games Bid Poll - Round 2

GamesBids 2024 Summer Games Bid Poll Round 2  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which City Would You Like to See Hosting the 2024 Olympic Summer Games?

• Los Angeles, USA
    • Paris, France
    • Rome, Italy

Okay, I guess I started it, so I'll have to see this through.

In the initial poll, it was posited that we act like the IOC acts, and see how our intentions might reflect the IOC voting for the 2024 next year.

Paris made a strong start, and looked for a long while like winning in one round. But, with a few late day votes to its competitors, it saw its share of the votes slip after the week from an over 50 per cent share to a close, but no cigar, 48.57 per cent share. Budapest, on the other hand, garnered a single vote, and as per IOC procedures, would be eliminated in a proper bid city vote. We'll proceed then as if this has happened. We now have three bidders left to compete for the hosting honours: LA (40 per cent in round one), Paris (48.57 per cent, as mentioned) and Rome (8.57 per cent in round one).

We'll give this about another week to see who votes. Let's see where our collective desires would lead us!

Does the second poll really mean anything, though? I mean Paris ran away with the first poll at over 80% & that's the one that seemingly counts here! "Think & want" are two totally different things.

Does the second poll really mean anything, though? I mean Paris ran away with the first poll at over 80% & that's the one that seemingly counts here! "Think & want" are two totally different things.

First poll was what we believed how the IOC would vote next year. The 2nd poll, which is the one this is going by, is who WE would like to see winning the 2024 Olympics.

So yes there is a significant difference.

This is who you would like to win not who you THINK will win....so I voted for LA. I'm expecting Paris to win but i like LAs optimism.

No, it was based off the "like to win" poll - in other words, if we were IOC members who we'd be voting for. Paris led that easily too, until the last day or so when it dipped under the magic 50 per cent.

Interesting - this one seems a LOT closer. Dead heat at the moment.

Interesting - this one seems a LOT closer. Dead heat at the moment.

While I knew that this poll was who "we" want to win, I still think that's only bcuz there are more American members here that are actually voting. I mean how many French members are there here that have voted, besides probably not very many (not to mention some other of our international members who haven't voted yet either, who have less vested bcuz their neutral)? This one could also still take off for Paris later on in the week. That's why I put much more stock in the first poll where Paris ran away with it.

The one I'm surprised with is our Architecture Fan becoming a Roma spokesman. I seem to remember he was always adamant in the past that Rome couldn't ever win. Oh well, I also remember fondly when he said London had more history than Rome.

Sigh, we gotta do another round now do we?

You're not bailing on us are you?! :lol: