GamesBids 2024 Olympic Games Poll  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which city do you think will win the right to stage to 2024 Summer Olympic Games?

• Budapest, Hungary
    • Los Angeles, USA
    • Paris, France
    • Rome, Italy
  2. 2. Which city would you like to see win the 2024 Summer Olympic Games?

• Budapest, Hungary
    • Los Angeles, USA
    • Paris, France
    • Rome, Italy

Okay, as suggested by alphamale86, let's see how our expectations and opinions stand for the 2024 bidding cities.

And, maybe (again as he suggested), we might over the next month replicate the IOC voting procedures and see who we come up with, So, say, in a week's time we might see how the results stand and if no city gets a simple majority for question 1, we will eliminate the lowest scorer and try a second round vote. And so on, until we get a 50 per cent plus majority for a single city.

Easy, and entirely non-scientific, but we all like a poll.

So which is your pick to win? And who in your heart do you want to win?

Edited by Sir Rols

I put paris down as my "wish" city. And that's true. But deep down I probably should have put Budapest in - I'd love to see it go to a new city, and a country with such an Olympic pedigree to boot. But, well, it aint gonna happen this time.

I voted Rome, Italy for both.

So you've given up trying to be "right" all the time with your predictions? Must say, bit of a change of tune from you over Rome, isn't it?

To give each city's supporters a chance to vote Sir Rolls developed the first stage of our own IOC 2024 vote.

You have a week to vote. if one city does not receive a simple majority over 50% of the vote, then the city with the least amount of votes will be dropped and a second round of voting will be opened for a week and so on until we get our own winner.

Such overwhelming consensus favouring Paris.

Perhaps the most obvious front runner since the 2008 race?

My only hope is that LA doesn't get anything less than 2nd place - lower would be a snub. Let Budapest and Rome fight it out for 3rd and 4th like the bottom feeders they are.

Thanks for setting this up but my question is which poll is the decider? Cause the IOC vote is only about which city would you like to see win. so if the simple majority isn't reached on the second poll is that the one we continue with?

Actually, Iguess you're right, and we'll go by poll 2.

it still seems like Paris will win unless they pull some sort of gigantic boner out.

i would much rather see an Olympics in LA ... not because i'm gonna be dazzled by "THE NEW LA"...more because it definitely seems like the old Paris (Europe) zzzzzzzz.

(and summer Olympics are MUCH better near the beach!) - B)

+ surfing WHEY!!!

Hmmm. So what do people think? Do we want a second round? Going on poll B (who you want to win), Paris is just off the mark with 48 per cent as I type this, and Budapest is set to be dumped. Are we just prolonging the inevitable, or should we proceed. I'll take guidance on this. And what's alphamale want to do?