Dipa Karmakar has become the first female Indian gymnast to qualify for the Olympics, after giving an astounding performance at the final qualifying event in Rio de Janeiro.

The 22-year-old is also the first gymnast from the country to participate in the Olympics since 1964.

http://www.desiblitz.com/content/first-indian-woman-gymnast-qualifies-for-olympics

What do you think about it?

What can we expect from this new young talent?

I don't care how she does in Rio - I care about the standard of living she has in India and if she has the opportunities outside gymnastics to live a safe, prosperous life. Yay for Indian Gymnastics and congrats to her for surviving rampant female infanticide.

Good for her! She was a finalist in the Vaulting Event Finals at last years Championships and is a 2014 Commonwealth Games Bronze Medallist on Vault too! She performs one of the hardest Vaults in the World. Good luck to her and can't wait to see her!

Dipa has earned an overall 52.698 points in the Test event. She scores the highest in vault (15.066), making her the best performer out of 14 competitors.

She scores 13.366 and 12.566 points in balance beam and floor exercise, but falls short in uneven bars with only 11.700 points.

I think that it's a very good scoore!!!!