Hey, forum nubie. Has anyone had experience camping at an Olympic games? maybe In London? A company called camping ninja are setting up a camp site, mainly for games makers and other workers, just wondering how the experience rates. I'm wanting to book with them but they seem to have gone cold and are unresponsive to enquires.

What are people's thoughts?

R :)

Never camped per se, but I did stay in a Vancouver hostel next to a city park that had been turned into a temporary campground. Mostly RVers, but a good number of tent campers too. It was very well organized, and they seemed to be having a great time.

I wouldn't worry about camping, but I'd be very wary of their unresponsiveness. People hear stories about how everyone is going to get rich when the Olympics come to town, and a lot of people who don't know what they are doing jump on the bandwagon. Deals fall apart, and unfortunately there are scams along the way. (Plus if it's Russia, corrupt officials can commandeer your housing, but that's a different story for a different day.)

These guys may be legit, but don't panic and sign up for something questionable because you fear it's you last/only option. There is always another option.

• Like 1