• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I LIKE'em!! (Well, anything would look good on Ryan Lochte.) Very French!!

With swimming trials complete, the full roster. Plenty of first-time Olympians: CHASE KALISZ (400 IM) MAYA DIRADO (400 IM, 200 IM, 200 back) CONNOR JAEGER (400 free, 1500 free) KATIE LEDECK

happy that Danell Leyva's Olympic dreams are now able to be fulfilled

Heh. I think the tops are fine (I kind of love them, actually). I just hate the shorts and boatshoes. Even khakis would have been fine.

Yea but that look is very American.

My main issue is the shorts. It would probably be smarter to wear pants and long sleeve shirts because of the whole Zika virus thing going around.

I can't see if the men are wearing long trousers or shorts. The "bermuda" as we call here is very carioca but I don't know if is appropriate for men during the ceremony, unless you are from Bermuda delegation. :P Anyway, I liked.

I'll largely pass. South Korea's Zika-preventive outfits just aren't part of the Ralph Lauren plans for Team USA. Only thing I like are the horizontal blue-striped T-shirts. The shorts should be more cargo-like. But that might not be desirable.

I'll largely pass. South Korea's Zika-preventive outfits just aren't part of the Ralph Lauren plans for Team USA.

They can go naked to the parade and the chance to get zika here during the winter is zero. The diseases are seasonal. They should be worried about the vaccination of the athletes against the H1N1 virus, our main problem during the winter. I work in the health sector and I know that zika is terrible but in my oppinion, the South Korea uniform seems more marketing than concern with health.

I'll largely pass. South Korea's Zika-preventive outfits just aren't part of the Ralph Lauren plans for Team USA. Only thing I like are the horizontal blue-striped T-shirts. The shorts should be more cargo-like. But that might not be desirable.

Not sure RL makes cargo shorts....

Not sure RL makes cargo shorts....

Under the Polo line yes, but not under their purple label, which is the higher casual line. They also have cargo shorts in this RRL line I've never heard of. It's pretty step in price for something so casual.

BTW, if anyone is interested in buying the Olympic line here it is

http://www.ralphlauren.com/teamusa/made-in-usa?ab=en_US_OLYMPIC_Feature_slot_1_Explore

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just think about this. What Justin Gatlin is doing would be like if Ben Johnson had started running again in 1995, won an Olympic medal in 1996 and is still running career times in 2000.

With swimming trials complete, the full roster. Plenty of first-time Olympians:

Team-USA-2016-TBX_9866.jpg

Edited by nykfan845
  • Like 1

I think this is a bit of a simpler read of those who qualified.

2r759ja.jpg

4ilpo3.jpg

Man didn't know there was a 2 per nation rule in each swimming event as well, similar to artistic gymnastics! I find that horrendous considering in track & field nations get to have at least 3 per event.

Did Phelps not compete in the 400IM?

He did not. Smart move on his part to drop his most grueling event. This likely also allows him to march in the Opening Ceremony since his first swim won't be until Sunday (if he's a part of the 4x100 relay team) or Monday (heats of the 200m fly)