• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Warm-up Wednesday.

Think this kit will take a bit of getting used to. I prefer 2012's kit but this is very different https://www.teamgb.com/news/team-gb-kit-launch-rio-2016-designs-revealed

Now if you could just throw a bit more lottery money at swimming, you'd be able to peg back the yanks and maybe finish TOP of the table. Comes with the territory. Take it as a compliment.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

- and well done Sarah Storey!

I wonder if Michael Phelps has ever considered taking up cycling?

Pretty sure his priorities are: Getting married, raising his impossibly cute son, having lots of great sex with his stunning wife, doing enough endorsement to keep cash flowing, smoking lots of weed, not getting up before dawn and training 14 hours a day. Not necessarily in that order. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, zekekelso said:

Pretty sure his priorities are: Getting married, raising his impossibly cute son, having lots of great sex with his stunning wife, doing enough endorsement to keep cash flowing, smoking lots of weed, not getting up before dawn and training 14 hours a day. Not necessarily in that order. 

Sarah seems to have fitted most of that into her seven-Paralympiad career as well though ....

I knew it !

I turn my back for a few hours and they go and beat their London 2012 medal total. Next target, beating their all-time best, Seoul 1988, when they got 65 Gold, 65 Silver, 53 Bronze (but they still came third- there were only 60 other teams in the competition that year).

On 16/09/2016 at 11:12 PM, JMarkSnow2012 said:

I knew it !

I turn my back for a few hours and they go and beat their London 2012 medal total. Next target, beating their all-time best, Seoul 1988, when they got 65 Gold, 65 Silver, 53 Bronze (but they still came third- there were only 60 other teams in the competition that year).

And in the end ..... second, with 64 gold, 39 silver, 44 bronze.

Aim to beat the Seoul '88 total in Tokyo?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great Britain named best Olympic team after Rio 2016

Great Britain have been named the world's best Olympic team following their record-breaking performance at Rio 2016.

Team GB's women's hockey team have also been named best female team at the Association of National Olympic Committees (ANOC) awards in Doha.

Britain finished second in the medal table, ahead of China for the first time, winning 27 golds, 23 silvers and 17 bronzes - and became the first team to win more medals after hosting the Games.

"That feat created history as we became the first nation ever to win more medals at a Games immediately after hosting, surpassing our achievement of 65 medals at London 2012," said British Olympic Association (BOA) chairman Lord Coe, who collected the award.

BOA chief executive Bill Sweeney said: "It's a fantastic achievement for both the women's hockey team and the whole of the British Olympic Association. We've had an incredible year."

There were also awards for some of those behind some of the most memorable and inspirational moments at the Rio Games:

BBC

http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/37990944