Team GB at Rio

Think this kit will take a bit of getting used to. I prefer 2012's kit but this is very different

https://www.teamgb.com/news/team-gb-kit-launch-rio-2016-designs-revealed

I think it may be meant to "take a bit of getting used to". Those blank heraldic outlines are oddly unnerving, which could give a slight advantage in some competitions (as should the dominance of red in the rugby gear).

With JMarkSnow and Rob here on this. The royal coat of arms-like pattern that Stella McCartney designed with Adidas does make the Team GB gear look busy. Like the 2012 version far better but will take some getting used to for this edition. Surely, the likes of Jessica Ennis-Hill and Tom Daley look great in them. Thing I like best of them is the jacket the Union Jack flag patch on the upper sleeve.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Superb haul in the pool after the relative disappointment in London.

Rowing delivering a few medals for us as usual with Grainger becoming GB's most decorated female Olympian with her silver. And two Golds within half an hour today at the rowing lake for GB.

Diving pair delivered, nice unexpected win in the canoe slalom. Men's gymnasts, Rugby 7s, Chris Froome also getting on the podium.....shooters too...and I think the dancing horse guys won a medal too.

Last night, the GB MEDAL FACTORY (i.e. the Olympic Velodrome) opened for business. And tonight Bradley Wiggins has become Britain's most decorated Olympian.

Things are starting to pick up nicely....and the battle between Jessica Ennis-Hill and KJT is already heating up.

105615048_Pursuit-win-GB-SPORT-large_tra

Edited by Rob.

Just now, LatinXTC said:

You spoke too soon, you're 4th now lol

lol nevermind one of the wiki pages has yet to be updated properly. You tie with Japan on gold medals, but you have more silver medals than they do. We'll see if y'all can keep up the momentum still a lot of medals left to award!

4 minutes ago, LatinXTC said:

You spoke too soon, you're 4th now lol

BBC website now showing GB in 3rd place.

Don't suppose it will last! ;)

1 hour ago, Mainad said:

BBC website now showing GB in 3rd place.

Don't suppose it will last! ;)

Don't be so sure.

This morning, watching rowing and cycling, I'm finding myself watching too many old Oz-GB rivalry shoot outs for gold for comfort - and coming in close seconds in all is definitely no fun.

Seriously guys, well done and good on you. I just hope we can peg a few back from you in these head-to-head clashes in days to come. ;)

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1