Well everyone else is talking about Beyonce...

5 members have voted

1. 1. Are we really doing this?

• Yes
    • Really?
    • Really really?
    • FFS
  2. 2. Do you prefer Beyonce's 'Lemonade' or Kelis' 'Milkshake'?

• Lemonade
    • Milkshake
    • FFS Puppy - go post a taco picture somewhere.

New album drops unexpectedly. YAWN.

New world tour that will probably be the same as the last 3. YAWN.

HBO special that seems to be the start of divorce proceedings. YAWN.

Rachel Roy throwing her tacky ass into the mix. YAWN.

DISCUSS!

Edited by thatsnotmypuppy

Not sure how it is playing out over in Australia, but here it is being treated as a watershed moment for black feminism.

It is being seen as more of a massively public slap don of Jay Z over here. There is commentary about the feminism angle (not so much about the black part) but for the most part it seems to be coverage of her marital woes.

Why are we comparing an extremely varied 12-track video album with a single track/video?

That aside, yes the surprise launch is getting old now (but as far as the tour goes, it's not like she never puts any effort into her stage shows).

Because 'Milkshake' arguably brings all the boys to your yard while 'Lemonade' does not. Also they are both drinks. A JOKE SHOULD NOT NEED TO BE EXPLAINED!!!

I actually like some of her earlier stuff. Having seen a few of her shows (the last Destiny's Child tour, the I Am tour and The Mrs Carter tour) they are all quite similar. You get the same medleys, the same over the top bombastic opening and the same soppy ballad section. The scale and amount of people on stage may differ - however her shows are pretty predictable. I'll stay away from the 'Formation' tour if/when it heads here.

• Like 1

I actually like some of her earlier stuff. Having seen a few of her shows (the last Destiny's Child tour, the I Am tour and The Mrs Carter tour) they are all quite similar. You get the same medleys, the same over the top bombastic opening and the same soppy ballad section. The scale and amount of people on stage may differ - however her shows are pretty predictable. I'll stay away from the 'Formation' tour if/when it heads here.

From the videos posted yesterday, it looks like a pretty impressive stadium-filler !

I had a look - looks impressive but the setlist is a bit meh.

SPOILER - SETLIST

Formation
Sorry
Bow Down / Tom Ford
Run the World (Girls)
Mine
Play Video
Baby Boy
(with samples of 'Standing on the Sun' )
Play Video
Hold Up
(Live Debut)
Countdown
Me, Myself and I
Runnin' (Lose It All)
All Night
Don’t Hurt Yourself
Ring the Alarm
Diva
Flawless (Remix)
Feeling Myself
Yoncé
7/11
Drunk in Love
Rocket
Hip Hop Star / Freakum Dress
Daddy Lessons
Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
Purple Rain
Crazy in Love (2014 Remix) / Crazy In Love
Naughty Girl
Party
Blow
Sweet Dreams / Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)
Die with You
Freedom
Survivor
End of Time / Grown Woman
Halo
Not much of a fun night out. I'm sure it's a spectacle but she really needs to throw 'Love On Top' in there to break it up a bit.

I had a look - looks impressive but the setlist is a bit meh.

Not much of a fun night out. I'm sure it's a spectacle but she really needs to throw 'Love On Top' in there to break it up a bit.

But the setlist has to be pretty heavy on Lemonade, as that's what it's promoting, and there's still a fair sample of fan faves.

But the setlist has to be pretty heavy on Lemonade, as that's what it's promoting, and there's still a fair sample of fan faves.

True - however she has played 'Baby Boy' to death for instance. I know it's promoting the new album - but it's a bloody heavy going show. Very few moments of light frivolity in that lot.

True - however she has played 'Baby Boy' to death for instance. I know it's promoting the new album - but it's a bloody heavy going show. Very few moments of light frivolity in that lot.

Not much frivolity, no- but Lemonade does, overall, have the epic feel which should work in stadium performance. And fans do get older.