Tokyo 2020 Logo Shortlist - THE GamesBids Verdict

Tokyo 2020 - Second Time Lucky Logo Poll  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best OLYMPIC logo?

• A. Harmonized chequered emblem
    • B. Connecting Circle, Expanding Harmony
    • C. Surpassing One?s Personal Best
    • D. Flowering of Emotions
  2. 2. Which is the best PARALYMPIC logo?

3. 3. If you have to pick a PAIR of logos for both Games, which is the best?

I think they all look awful. I don't know what I was expecting but these were not it. I voted for C but after a second look, I would vote for C. Someone mentioned it earlier, but they do look the most Japanese and continue the floral design. I hate the idea that all the logos revolve around the dot. Japan is so much more than a dot. I know that their flag is the red circle on a flag, but that's a flag, this is a logo for the Olympics. That's not to say that the dot concept couldn't be incorporated into the logo in another way. I like how they put it between "Tokyo" and "2020". It's simple but it makes it feel more Japanese.

Looking at option A, I think it look a bit like the Munich 1972 logo. Not exactly like it, but it does look a little bit like it.

If it's going to be D, then we know how the cauldron will probably look.

A giant flower cauldron... it could be genius or utter rubbish. Kinda makes me think of Albertville 1992. But when has the logo ever been reflected in the cauldron?

ShortlistedEmblems_C.jpg

Does anybody think that the Olympic logo C look like a handball pictograph??

Olympic C looks like volleyball, Paralympic C looks a bit like synchronized swimming to me.

Maybe it's supposed to represent all the sports with balls, because now I'm seeing softball, while the Paralympic logo could be rhythmic gymnastics. Maybe if they don't go with C they can use them for pictograms

Does anybody think that the Olympic logo C look like a handball pictograph??

That because C is inspired by God of Thunder... try to google Raijin and you'll know what that "balls" are

On Japanese internet,a lot of people seem to support B and D so far.

A is cool using Ichimatsu pattern. The more I look at them the more interesting they look. I see there’s double flowered Sakura or Chrysanthemum in the central of Olympic logo. In Paralympic one,I see there are a lot of fans. But seems relying on visual impact too much and the message is far-fetched.

B's message is very convincing and I like it very much. But Olympic logo looks like a browser icon(Firefox).To me they don't look China. Paralympic logo looks like something Islamic or logo of airline company in the gulf countries.Better to put something very Japan inside the circle. Both are abstract and I think they will be easily forgotten soon after 2020.

C France and Italy. ASAKUSA 2020 :lol: .

D Symbol of summertime in Tokyo. I don't feel energy of sports from morning glory because the flower never blossoms after evening.

I think A or D will win.

• Like 1

The candidate city logo far better than all of these shortlisted logo

• Like 1

Meh, the bid logo looked like a Christmas wreath if you ask me. Now, the 2016 logo did looked nice.

I Like "D" Better. "A" Logo on The Paralympic Side Almost Look Like Boston's 2024 Logo.

I Like "D" Better. "A" Logo on The Paralympic Side Almost Look Like Boston's 2024 Logo.

That's it! I've been wondering what it looked like, and the Boston 2024 logo does look the option A Paralympic logo

"D" for the SOG is OK; only thing is it's a flat interpretation. There isn't any depth or 2nd or 3rd dimension to it. And its Paralympic pair is a little overdone. It could be simpler.

That because C is inspired by God of Thunder... try to google Raijin and you'll know what that "balls" are

Oh! I see the inspiration now!

ShortlistedEmblems_C.jpg

raijin_fujin_by_khempavee-d8dbtwx.jpg

Oh please, Baron. If it's part of their culture and history, and the Japanese people like and relate to it, I say let 'em have it. Don't be so intolerant.

Oh please, Baron. If it's part of their culture and history, and the Japanese people like and relate to it, I say let 'em have it. Don't be so intolerant.

Speak for yourself. I didn't ask you to speak for me. Don't be so tolerant. Do you also speak FOR THE world and the Japanese people in all your omniscience?? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

then they will be better for mascot..

Oh! I see the inspiration now!

ShortlistedEmblems_C.jpg

raijin_fujin_by_khempavee-d8dbtwx.jpg

It is all rather a "least bad" thing, as others have observed, but I'm going for D, which because of its flatness seems to work better in monochrome applications than B.