Ikarus360

I didn't knew where to make this thread, so I guess i'll post it here. Many of you are probably aware of the news though I felt we need a thread to discuss it

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35892775

cruff31.v1458829427.jpg

As a FC Barcelona fan i'm deeply saddened...the world of football lost one of its greatest figures. Thanks for everything, Cruyff.

This is the 4th death in two days of a notable person. Yesterday, we already lost baseball great Joe Garigiola (from my hometown), Ken Howard from the White Shadow, and Malik "Phife Dog" Taylor from A Tribe Called Quest. Cruyff was a brilliant man and great influence in the building of Total Football, which its legacy can still be felt now. We all must thank him for being one of the undisputed greats in the game and building Dutch soccer to where it is now internationally (as if the Oranje's failure to qualify for France wasn't bad enough as we look forward to it). Also applies to FC Barcelona. Too bad he didn't win a World Cup title. RIP

Cruyff famously resorted to started sucking on lollipops on the sidelines following his heart bypass surgery stemming partially from his smoking.

R.I.P to one of the greats of world football!

So may well-known people seem to have passed on recently. 2016 is turning out to be a really gloomy year and we are still only in March!! :(

Archived