Donald Trump

1 hour ago, paul said:

it's outrageous for you to threaten a US president life. hopefully someone will delete those posts.

i saw mr khan's original live statements in front of a camera (later altered and re-recorded with a script). he seemed to be overly measured about what he needed to say and made some remarks that certainly felt out of step given the multiple recent horror acts in England.

I know my previous promise, so I only go with this question instead to respondind like Rob did:

"Ain't you just tired for writing full crap while trolling and even offending other nations?"

4 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

I fear he is just becoming more desperate, paranoid and deranged w/ each passing day.  If he is taken in, the alternative is just as frightening, a colder, more clinical snake in Pence.  At least this one is just weaving more rope each day to hang himself.  

Indeed. Considering Putin's recent trolling declarations as a joke, he must feel powerless and doesn't have space of control.

The orange scumbag proudly made weapons business with Saudi Arabia the other day (as did other governments, including my own and the one of the PM who today announced that "enough is enough", really, Ms May?). Doing business with such regimes (or Egypt, Qatar, etc) which by their policies, at home and abroad, trigger refugee crises and fresh supply for extremist ideologies (which they quite often finance themselves too) is the opposite of fighting terror.

Also, when it comes to homegrown terrorists (which were the vast majority of recent attackers in Europe): If someone is born in Britain (France, Belgium...), lives their all their life but is in the end still not seen as a British (French, Belgian...) citizen, why should such a person then have any respect for the society they live in? I'm not condoning their actions (God/Allah/Whoever forbid), but clearly you don't fight terror (just) by dropping bombs in Syria or going all Big Brother on Facebook or Twitter.

But I'm optimistic the terror problem will eventually be solved by Trump's great forward thinking policies: Once climate change **** really hits the fan, there'll be no humans left to live anyway.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Roger87 said:

I know my previous promise, so I only go with this question instead to respondind like Rob did:

"Ain't you just tired for writing full crap while trolling and even offending other nations?"

it is your right to feel that way......here is one thing you won't admit......and perhaps may not even realize; it is possible for others to feel the same way about the thing you are saying and doing. i remember all the nasty remarks, boasts, and snark, from some Brazilians through the bid and leading to 2016, that's kind of the same vibe i get from you......it doesn't make me sympathetic to much you have to say. i don't think Paris will be a disaster like Rio, but i do thing the Olympics in general are a potential disaster waiting to happen in every city.

here is my advise.....keep your promises.

43 minutes ago, Rob. said:

It's probably because we are more reserved than you're used to. His comments and tone seemed fine to me. Regardless of our difference of opinion on that, Trump DELIBERATELY taking one comment out of context to make it sound like something else hours after a terrorist attack is scummy behaviour. I'm furious an ally chose to attack our Mayor rather than attack the terrorists. He is scum.

If my last post was OTT and written in anger, I'll be more honest here: if I woke up and heard this US President had been assassinated I genuinely don't know how I'd feel.

...i don't think you'd feel any better with a president Pense.

8 minutes ago, paul said:

i don't think Paris will be a disaster like Rio, but i do thing the Olympics in general are a potential disaster waiting to happen in every city.

Does that potential disaster also include L.A., paul? Cuz that would be a yes going by your post. But it's hard to tell with you cuz you keep changing your angle on a daily basis.

And if Alan AbraTrollson (which I never read any of his columns back then) & others, were also just as insidious towards Rio as they're being towards Paris right now, can you blame the Brazilians for acting that way then (speaking of things you won't admit & may not realize; bcuz is it also possible for others to feel the same way about the thing you are saying & doing, cuz that's the kind of same vibe I get from you, which also doesn't make me sympathetic with anything you have to say either [which I'm sure Roger is just torn over by you not being sympathetic]). 

Which, speaking of snark & nasty remarks, for all the ones that the Madrid 2020 camp made here back in 2013, you sure were on their boastful side, while trying your hardest to troll the Tokyo 2020 bid. But why doesn't that surprise me any now. It seems that you like & perhaps even enjoy that kind of snark. Your total double standards are always "truly extraordinary".

• Like 1

The irony of thi

11 minutes ago, FYI said:

Does that potential disaster also include L.A., paul? Cuz that would be a yes going by your post. But it's hard to tell with you cuz you keep changing your angle on a daily basis.

And if Alan AbraTrollson (which I never read any of his columns back then) & others, were also just as insidious towards Rio as they're being towards Paris right now, can you blame the Brazilians for acting that way then (speaking of things you won't admit & may not realize; bcuz is it also possible for others to feel the same way about the thing you are saying & doing, cuz that's the kind of same vibe I get from you, which also doesn't make me sympathetic with anything you have to say either [which I'm sure Roger is just torn over by you not being sympathetic]). 

Which, speaking of snark & nasty remarks, for all the ones that the Madrid 2020 camp made here back in 2013, you sure were on their boastful side, while trying your hardest to troll the Tokyo 2020 bid. But why doesn't that surprise me any now. It seems that you like & perhaps even enjoy that kind of snark. Your total double standards are always "truly extraordinary".

The full irony of this is, my criticism came way beyond Paris bid. Just a couple of old posts and these snark comments while trying to sound "intelligent and witty" it ended as bordeline trolling and crude - News of Rio, the FIFA World Cups, the political threads (That discussion of Obama was too much), now Khan. If it was just the Paris bid, well done and we stop, but these type of double standards in almost every post to bordeline derogative is simple nasty.

32 minutes ago, FYI said:

absolutely yes

34 minutes ago, FYI said:

...and where are we now with Tokyo's bid integrity....double...perhaps triple the original budget.....extraordinary indeed.

1 minute ago, paul said:

absolutely yes

...and where are we now with Tokyo's bid integrity....double...perhaps triple the original budget.....extraordinary indeed.

Oh, & like the only other two troubled alternatives would've been any better? That would be a no. 

And besides, back then you weren't trolling Tokyo 2020 bcuz of their "budget".

1 hour ago, Roger87 said:

The full irony of this is, my criticism came way beyond Paris bid. Just a couple of old posts and these snark comments while trying to sound "intelligent and witty" it ended as bordeline trolling and crude - News of Rio, the FIFA World Cups, the political threads (That discussion of Obama was too much), now Khan. If it was just the Paris bid, well done and we stop, but these type of double standards in almost every post to bordeline derogative is simple nasty.

.....wow.....calm down.....what are you even talking about. that is just a big salad of stuff. NEWSFLASH......people have different opinions from yours on a variety of topics. don't take it so personally.

p.s. I'm American, I don't care about and never talk about soccer, I'm sure that's directed at someone else.

Edited by paul

Just now, FYI said:

Oh, & like the only other two troubled alternatives would've been any better? That would be a no. 

And besides, back then you weren't trolling Tokyo 2020 bcuz of their "budget".

it was because they kept lying about every event and step at Fukushima, which is still the case. They are untrustworthy, and now we see the incompetence reflected in the exploding budget. Just another Olympic train wreck.

I supported Madrid just cuz they had tried and been so persistent so many times like Paris and LA. I felt like they deserved a chance.

it was because they kept lying about every event and step at Fukushima, which is still the case. They are untrustworthy, and now we see the incompetence reflected in the exploding budget. Just another Olympic train wreck.

And in comparison you think that Istanbul's 2020 proposed "estimate" $20 Billion would've been more trustworthy? Not to mention in a political climate where the citizens were starting to rise up against Erdogan.

I supported Madrid just cuz they had tried and been so persistent so many times like Paris and LA. I felt like they deserved a chance.

Yeah, okay. But only looking at that was neglecting the other faults of the bid - i.e. weak Spanish economy, the doping scandal, etc. Plus, it's not like Tokyo was a rookie bidder, since they were also being persistent in bidding again after losing 2016. 

Besides, being persistent isn't necessarily a positive trait when it comes to Paris accordng to you. As a matter of fact, you call them 'desperate' bcuz of it. But in Madrid's case it was "persistence". Go figure. 

Tell me, would you still be saying that Madrid "deserves a chance" if they were bidding for 2024 against L.A. instead Paris? Or if L.A. had bid for 2020 against Madrid then? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FYI said:

And in comparison you think that Istanbul's 2020 proposed "estimate" $20 Billion would've been more trustworthy? Not to mention in a political climate where the citizens were starting to rise up against Erdogan.

.....i was 200% against Istanbul, unlike many here. and i talked about it.

2 minutes ago, FYI said:

Tell me, would you still be saying that Madrid "deserves a chance" if they were bidding for 2024 against L.A. instead Paris? Or if L.A. had bid for 2020 against Madrid then? 

I would support Madrid over LA. I'm not excited about the IOC in LA if you didn't pick that up yet.

4 minutes ago, FYI said:

Besides, being persistent isn't necessarily a positive trait when it comes to Paris accordng to you. As a matter of fact, you call them 'desperate' bcuz of it. But in Madrid's case it was "persistence". Go figure.

....i'm guilty of of believing in some stereotypes about the French....that's all i should really say, I've had different experiences in Spain.

11 minutes ago, paul said:

.....i was 200% against Istanbul, unlike many here. and i talked about it.

Okay, so we apparently agree here.

12 minutes ago, paul said:

I would support Madrid over LA. I'm not excited about the IOC in LA if you didn't pick that up yet.

You keep saying that, but your "furious" & double-talk posts keep implying the opposite. You don't want the IOC in L.A., but yet you get all bent outta shape whenever their OLYMPIC bid gets scrutizined. Who can understand you anymore.

15 minutes ago, paul said:

....i'm guilty of of believing in some stereotypes about the French....that's all i should really say, I've had different experiences in Spain.

And yet you don't like it whenever people have their own stereotypes about Californians. Maybe it's time for you for some reflection. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FYI said:

And yet you don't like it whenever people have their own stereotypes about Californians. Maybe it's time for you for some reflection.

no, i don't mind at all, but i might chime in about how i feel about it.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ofan said:

America's president is a Nazi sympathizer. Wow

That's "white nationalism," not Nazism . . . which somehow is supposed to make it OK.

At this point my country is so fractured it is hard to even speak to the other side. Many Trump supporters (such as my own father) have gone silent. I think they know that they are wrong, and that history and the rest of the world will judge them harshly. But America has been a chauvinistic country for so long that it has been ingrained in them to see intellectuals, foreigners and minorities as weak and immoral. They believe in 1950's America, and they want to drag the rest of the USA back there. Just like Muslim fundamentalists want to force their societies to revert to the medieval era.

On paper, this sort of nonsense should destroy the Republicans in the next election. But according to tradition political theory Trump should have been destroyed in the last election, so who knows what will happen.

5 hours ago, Nacre said:

America has been a chauvinistic country for so long that it has been ingrained in them to see intellectuals, foreigners and minorities as weak and immoral. They believe in 1950's America, and they want to drag the rest of the USA back there.

Yes. American exceptionalism grew out of some very specific circumstances which are no longer applicable, and it's going to take Americans a very long time to get accustomed to their real, much less exceptional place, in the future.

11 hours ago, ofan said:

America's president is a Nazi sympathizer. Wow

If only there was some sign before the election. Y'know, like, imagine if he'd launched his political career by demanding the birth certificate and passport of America's black President. Something totally batsh*t crazy like that!

But, we were none the wiser. Hindsight is, of course, a wonderful thing.

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 3:33 PM, JMarkSnow2012 said:

There's multiple, and then there's everyday America- around 150 mass shootings in the USA so far this year, including last week's in Bogue Chitto, Miss., which resulted in 8 deaths.

150 MASS shootings, can you support that statement in any way?