Donald Trump

Just to point out Jimmy Morales was elected President of Guatemala and Beppe Grillo is a contender for Italian Prime Minister. Not to mention the USA already has a history of electing failed actors and meatheads to senior political positions.

LOL. America is the laughing stock of the world. What a joke. You have a reality TV star as your leading presidential candidate. And it's all thanks to the racist, divisive, stubborn and ignorant Republican Party that bashed Obama and made it popular to hate him for no good reason. That's what has fuelled the anger.

Republicans are quite honestly such pussies. They bash Trump endlessly, but still say "I will support him if he is the nominee". The Republican Pary is a joke in and of itself.

It's because most of them are die hards, who would never ever vote Democrat. Combine this with the slacker generation, the fearful and the 19% or so uber Rednecks over 35 males who would vote for Trump, then there's no hope in hell that Bernie Sanders will win.

However if the 81% of Women, minorities and youth 21-35, raise their voice, then yes, it will be a landslide, otherwise it would be a close election, that tips in Trump's favour.

It's because most of them are die hards, who would never ever vote Democrat. Combine this with the slacker generation, the fearful and the 19% or so uber Rednecks over 35 males who would vote for Trump, then there's no hope in hell that Bernie Sanders will win.

However if the 81% of Women, minorities and youth 21-35, raise their voice, then yes, it will be a landslide, otherwise it would be a close election, that tips in Trump's favour.

You have to think with a Trump candidature that Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Pennsylvania will be safe Democrat. Right now it looks to be 251 to 191 Dem to Rep for safe seats. Changing demographics could put Virginia and Nevada in the Dem camp as well. And the Dems have 270 without winning Ohio or Florida.

You have to think with a Trump candidature that Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Pennsylvania will be safe Democrat. Right now it looks to be 251 to 191 Dem to Rep for safe seats. Changing demographics could put Virginia and Nevada in the Dem camp as well. And the Dems have 270 without winning Ohio or Florida.

Obama would have won even if Virginia, Ohio and Florida had all flipped. Hillary is in good shape. We aren't electing Trump. And nobody from Venezuela or especially Toronto should mock the US for who we elect.

I take slight issue with that, because it was populist pandering that lead to Chavez and Ford, and it is populist pandering that is surging for Trump. So we know better. And with the likes of Cruz and other meatheads and idiots that populate your Congress are anything to go by its not like the US has a leg to stand on with their 480ish noncompetitive districts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, question going forward.....will our new Mayor be allowed to visit America if Trump is elected?

http://news.sky.com/story/1691744/labours-khan-wins-london-mayoral-election

Apparently, The Donald said he might make an exception for him so long as he says nice things about him!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm getting more and more pessimistic here. He seems to get away with all his lies, hatred and bigotry while Hillary is struggling, healthwise and else.

It'll be a nightmare if he really wins. The disaster that was Brexit or the Duterte victory will look like children's games compared to a Trump presidency.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

I'm getting more and more pessimistic here. He seems to get away with all his lies, hatred and bigotry while Hillary is struggling, healthwise and else.

It'll be a nightmare if he really wins. The disaster that was Brexit or the Duterte victory will look like children's games compared to a Trump presidency.

This is now apparently one of the more likely election night maps with it all coming down to Nevada:

http://www.270towin.com/maps/gG99j 

• 8 months later...

Just in case any of you are still taken in by this subhuman's twitter account. Our Mayor said this after what happened at London Bridge:

“Londoners will see an increased police presence today and over the course of the next few days. There’s no reason to be alarmed [by this]. One of the things the police and all of us need to do is ensure that we’re as safe as we possibly can be"

Deliberately taking this out of context Trump wrote:

I've never wanted to see a bullet sear through an American President's skull before but it's getting close to that point. HOW DARE this piece of **** deliberately take these comments out of context to attack the Mayor after a terrorist attack. Scum, pure scum.

22 minutes ago, Rob. said:

Just in case any of you are still taken in by this subhuman's twitter account. Our Mayor said this after what happened at London Bridge:

Deliberately taking this out of context Trump wrote:

I've never wanted to see a bullet sear through an American President's skull before but it's getting close to that point. HOW DARE this piece of **** deliberately take these comments out of context to attack the Mayor after a terrorist attack. Scum, pure scum.

I fear he is just becoming more desperate, paranoid and deranged w/ each passing day.  If he is taken in, the alternative is just as frightening, a colder, more clinical snake in Pence.  At least this one is just weaving more rope each day to hang himself.  

3 hours ago, Rob. said:

it's outrageous for you to threaten a US president life. hopefully someone will delete those posts.

i saw mr khan's original live statements in front of a camera (later altered and re-recorded with a script). he seemed to be overly measured about what he needed to say and made some remarks that certainly felt out of step given the multiple recent horror acts in England.

• Like 1

It's probably because we are more reserved than you're used to. His comments and tone seemed fine to me. Regardless of our difference of opinion on that, Trump DELIBERATELY taking one comment out of context to make it sound like something else hours after a terrorist attack is scummy behaviour. I'm furious an ally chose to attack our Mayor rather than attack the terrorists. He is scum.

If my last post was OTT and written in anger, I'll be more honest here: if I woke up and heard this US President had been assassinated I genuinely don't know how I'd feel. I couldn't definitely say my first reaction wouldn't be relief.

Edited by Rob.