Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122654

Serious tweet: Williams FW38 starts testing with old stubby nose. New cleaner Mercedes-style nose planned for Melbourne. https://twitter.com/tgruener Not so serious tweet: F1 launches so far: Las

Mercedes W07

The three best drivers today all on the podium.

Dan was the fastest all weekend, absolutely on it. He was screwed by that joke of a pitstop.

Hamilton having the guile to pull off that one-stop strategy shows just how good he is.

Perez getting a podium ahead of Vettel and other faster cars, making his tyres work so well.

All three brilliant drives.

Edited by Rob.
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ferrari confirm Raikkonen for 2017 Kimi Raikkonen will stay at Ferrari next season, the Italian team announced on Friday morning. It means an unchanged driver line-up at the Scuderia for 2017, with Raikkonen again partnering Sebastian Vettel.

It will be Raikkonen’s fourth successive season with Ferrari, the Finn having rejoined the squad for their 2014 campaign. He previously drove for them from 2007 to 2009, winning the drivers’ title in ’07.

“Scuderia Ferrari announces that it has renewed its technical and racing agreement with Kimi Raikkonen,” read Ferrari’s brief statement. “The driver line-up for the 2017 racing season will still consist of the Finnish driver and Sebastian Vettel.”

Raikkonen, whose F1 career started with Sauber in 2001, has 20 Grand Prix wins to his name. Nine of those were with Ferrari, though all of those came in his first spell at the team. He had also won with McLaren and Lotus.

In his second stint with Ferrari, the 36-year-old has scored seven podium finishes. He partnered Fernando Alonso in 2014, before Vettel joined Ferrari in 2015, since when the German his taken three race wins.

The announcement means the top three teams - Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull - now look set to field unchanged line-ups for 2017.

http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/headlines/2016/7/ferrari-confirm-raikkonen-for-2017.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Nico Rosberg signs new two-year Mercedes contract until 2018

 

Nico Rosberg has ended months of speculation by signing a new Mercedes contract until the end of 2018.

The news means Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton are set to continue as team-mates for at least another two seasons. The three-year deal Hamilton signed last year also runs until the end of 2018.

Mercedes released a video on social media of Rosberg and team boss Toto Wolff signing the agreement after several months of negotiations.

 

"We are very happy, obviously," Wolff said. "We had a couple of weeks of discussions but it was always clear we wanted to continue.

"Nico is the real deal for us and having made the signature is what matters for us. It's great, so onwards and upwards."

Austrian former F1 driver Gerhard Berger had been leading the negotiations for Rosberg while the German concentrated on landing his first title, with the 31-year-old currently holding a single-point lead over Hamilton.

 

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10300388/nico-rosberg-signs-new-mercedes-contract

Link to post
Share on other sites

Formula 1's halo cockpit protection will not be introduced in '17

287ca4b399c5b31a45640ebb4324622a.jpg
 

Formula 1's Strategy Group has voted against the introduction of the halo cockpit protection device until 2018 at the earliest.

Following a meeting of the Group in Geneva on Thursday it was determined the device lacked the required maturity to be fully implemented on F1 cars for 2017.

"It won't be in F1 next season," F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone told Autosport.

"We're going to have a good look at it.

"We felt despite the numerous tests conducted by the FIA, it hadn't been looked at deeply enough, and that it is going to require more time.

"We've also decided we will no longer be calling it the halo. We're simply going with head protection."

Ecclestone has also confirmed work will continue on Red Bull's aeroscreen, and insists F1 should not stand still when it comes to safety.

Ferrari first trialled the halo in pre-season testing in Barcelona, with its arrival causing an immediate divide in opinion amongst the drivers.

Although Ferrari continued to work with the FIA in refining the system - with the halo reverting to a titanium construction - opinion has remained split.

The FIA attempted to win over the drivers with a presentation last Friday ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix, proclaiming there would be a 17% improvement in safety.

Even the likes of Lewis Hamilton, who previously derided the halo as "the worst-looking modification in F1 history", softened his stance after listening to the FIA's arguments.

The FIA did have the option of playing a trump card and implementing the halo on safety grounds, but Autosport understands FIA president Jean Todt opted not to go against the majority decision on this occasion.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/125500

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...