13 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

It would be a good choice but wasn't she already in that small ceremony last year done when the games were supossed to open?

rikako-ikee-kqCF-U110885916107Q0E-1248x7

I like this idea. Why does it matter that they've already had her in a ceremony last year?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess it depends whether they want to use robot singers as well as robot dancers.

@8:23?? Maybe this song.  

A bit of necroposting but I seriously hope they hire Joe Hisaishi for the ceremonies. He's easily one of the best, if not the best music composer in Japan, Perhaps he's a familiar face for some of you

On 4/14/2021 at 9:43 AM, ulu said:

Would they really give this honour to someone who doesn't even speak Japanese?

Naomi Osaka spent most of her life abroad(still based in USA).She can comprehend and speak Japanese but not so fluently. She opted Japanese nationality in 2019 and it is not a dishonor(for us and for her)if she will be chosen as a final runner.

• 2 weeks later...

The rejected idea could be vibrant, but not original...

I expected to give a further step and leave behid the projection mapping on the floor...

Anyway, we are just 3 months to go and we have nothing in sight, yet....

I think ceremies will be short, simplier than ever and using a lot of projection techniques... no mass will be seen...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Anthony said:

a little bizarre not to have any news or images from the stadium, almost two months out.

On Sunday, yesterday, there was a test event for athletics held at National Stadium.  You can see the images and story here:  Athletes get taste of what may be in store at COVID-era Olympics | The Japan Times 

Justin Gatlin was competing in the 100 metes.

Athletes compete in the 4x400 relay during Sunday’s test event for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.  AFP-Jiji | AFP-JIJI

I don't expect anything from these ceremonies. And to be honest I think I was maybe a bit too harsh on Rio ceremonies back in the day. Looking back at it, they did a good job considering the crisis Brazil was having. If Japan does something like Rio did I can live with that, but I already resigned to the fact there will be nothing particulary spectacular or surprising given the situation.

35 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

I don't expect anything from these ceremonies. And to be honest I think I was maybe a bit too harsh on Rio ceremonies back in the day. Looking back at it, they did a good job considering the crisis Brazil was having. If Japan does something like Rio did I can live with that, but I already resigned to the fact there will be nothing particulary spectacular or surprising given the situation.

i agree with you (as much as i dont want to accept that this is likely the case lol). i'd still expect some sort of load in or rehearsal leak by now though. maybe im still premature.

I don't know how much NBC's input matters at this point, but I would think they would still want some spectacle to fill their 4-hour slot devoted to Opening.  And of course, I think maybe only around 6,000-7,000 athletes will march in Opening.  So NBC will just flood their broadcast with tons of advertising.  YIKES!! 

I also wonder how many people Paris will be sending for their Handover segment.  Bet it's going to be a very scaled down show.