1 hour ago, PikyoK said:

Hello everyone. Long-time, no see. So, with a year out until the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Do you think that Japan and Tokyo will reference or present their unique anime and video game culture, i.e Sonic, Mario, Pokemon, Studio Ghibli etc.? 

They have to talk Japan's history from the Paleolithic era to the Jomon era to the Reiwa era.

Opening performance of the One Year to Go events a couple of weeks ago. Panasonic implemented some kind of new mapping/projection techniques which actually looked pretty amazing. Is this a sneak peak of what await us in 2020?

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 5:24 AM, Ikarus360 said:

Opening performance of the One Year to Go events a couple of weeks ago. Panasonic implemented some kind of new mapping/projection techniques which actually looked pretty amazing. Is this a sneak peak of what await us in 2020?

Tokyo should put on a fantastic Opening Ceremony on 24 July 2020 

Jingu Gaien Fireworks Festival last August 10th was held nearby the new Olympic Stadium.

9.jpg?1

9.jpg?1

AS20190810002870_comm.jpg

Opening ceremony of the Rugby World Cup. Probably a different team that the one in charge next year, but for being a simple ceremony it was actually nicely done (focused mostly on japanese folklore this time). It's a shame FIFA ceremonies are in such an embarassing absolute state the Rugby ones are doing a better job these last years.

Do FIFA do all their ceremonies in-house now? Only they’ve all felt very formulaic & similar for a few years. 

I would say RWC Opening Ceremonies have been hitting a spectacular trend for the past few years, especially for something so low budget. But this Ceremony in particular was pretty great even amongst the recent one's. 

• Like 1

The Rugby World Cup ceremony was fantastic- especially as it was a quick, 20 min ceremony conducted on the playing surface. Colorful, hi tech, fun. great music, easy to read and understand the motifs and concepts ...ceremony of the year for mine.

Interesting revelation about the Opening Ceremony for Tokyo..

Olympic Opening Ceremony Parade of Nations order changed slightly

The refugee team will enter 2nd, right after Greece (as opposed to Rio where they were 2nd to last, before Brazil).  And future hosts will be moved to the end of the order.  That's a huge win for NBC.  Remember they had lobbied to get the order changed in 2016 so that the United States would march later and theoretically would keep people tuned in longer

17 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

Interesting revelation about the Opening Ceremony for Tokyo..

Olympic Opening Ceremony Parade of Nations order changed slightly

The refugee team will enter 2nd, right after Greece (as opposed to Rio where they were 2nd to last, before Brazil).  And future hosts will be moved to the end of the order.  That's a huge win for NBC.  Remember they had lobbied to get the order changed in 2016 so that the United States would march later and theoretically would keep people tuned in longer

Great change. Three huge television markets all the through the end. Not sure where the USA and France would've been if it had stuck with the Japanese alphabet but this is a change I can get behind. Hopefully it follows through to Beijing as well, with Italy before China at the end.

3 hours ago, anthonyliberatori said:

Great change. Three huge television markets all the through the end. Not sure where the USA and France would've been if it had stuck with the Japanese alphabet but this is a change I can get behind. Hopefully it follows through to Beijing as well, with Italy before China at the end.

According to Wikipedia, for the 1998 Opening Ceremony in Nagano, they used the English alphabet to determine the order.  Not sure what they are planning on doing this time around.

On 12/4/2019 at 8:01 AM, anthonyliberatori said:

with this new change to the parade I wonder if NBC will finally broadcast the ceremonies live or they broadcast it live NBCSN and do a primetime replay on NBC just like the Canadians do on CBC

11 hours ago, Hightowerio86 said:

with this new change to the parade I wonder if NBC will finally broadcast the ceremonies live or they broadcast it live NBCSN and do a primetime replay on NBC just like the Canadians do on CBC

I doubt it makes a difference.  Presumably, it will be the same formula as PyeongChang.. they'll stream the ceremony live, no live TV broadcast.  And it'll be in primetime as usual on NBC.  And I am perfectly fine with that

On 12/6/2019 at 3:48 PM, Quaker2001 said:

I doubt it makes a difference.  Presumably, it will be the same formula as PyeongChang.. they'll stream the ceremony live, no live TV broadcast.  And it'll be in primetime as usual on NBC.  And I am perfectly fine with that

The only bad thing about that is that I have to say off of social media and here all day - can't risk any spoilers! :D Depending on what my shift is that day, I'll watch whichever one I'm not working for, because I leave for Tokyo the next day, so I may be working double shifts or whatnot. But, I remember during Pyeongchang having to not check my phone all day, and that was hard, because I was so excited

36 minutes ago, alphamale86 said:

Who's going to Tokyo 2020 and is there going to be a Gamesbids meet up?  I'm trying to finalize my plans now.

I am going, but I have not heard about a Gamesbids meet-up. I would maybe ask this under the Tickets and Travel forum, or maybe create a new thread? I don't think that would've been planned in the thread about the Tokyo Ceremonies, but I could be wrong

8 hours ago, anthonyliberatori said:

I am going, but I have not heard about a Gamesbids meet-up. I would maybe ask this under the Tickets and Travel forum, or maybe create a new thread? I don't think that would've been planned in the thread about the Tokyo Ceremonies, but I could be wrong

Thank you I’ll start one