Tokyo 2020 Ceremonies

Just now, Nacholympic said:

Me too. I haven't missed any opening - both summer and winter - since Atlanta 1996. And I feel this ceremony, despite it is historical, doesn't have any excitment....

We can only hope for the best. Btw, señor Nach, an honor to be quoted by you :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

Me too. I haven't missed any opening - both summer and winter - since Atlanta 1996. And I feel this ceremony, despite it is historical, doesn't have any excitment....

Y'know, that the intention of the ceremony. The organizers wanted a "somber" ceremony. I do hope the Olympic flag will be raised half mast just like in 2010.

7 minutes ago, Palette86 said:

Now I'm in near national stadium.About 1 hour and half later,I see  5 rings in the sky.Many people in the street who want to witness it,and I'm one of them with soyoshi:lol:.

wowww!! What a pity you can not see the show live... Fucking covid!!!

2 minutes ago, WD96 said:

Y'know, that the intention of the ceremony. The organizers wanted a "somber" ceremony. I do hope the Olympic flag will be raised half mast just like in 2010.

Oh...that would be interesting and appropriate to see it half mast

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin C. said:

We can only hope for the best. Btw, señor Nach, an honor to be quoted by you :)

Thanks! ;):)

I also think it won't be such a dusaster! It's just the condition and the full problems this Olympic edition has had... 

I think Japan will add the list of countries that will NEVER want to organize the Olympics again.

And the IOC must be an eternal grateful of Japan... this coutnry saved its ass!!!!!

1 minute ago, Nacholympic said:

Thanks! ;):)

I also think it won't be such a dusaster! It's just the condition and the full problems this Olympic edition has had... 

I think Japan will add the list of countries that will NEVER want to organize the Olympics again.

I am not sure which other countries but the one country I am closest to thin off, that will be, of course, the birthplace of the games and the cradle of Western civilization....Greece.

Normally before a ceremony, my imagination runs a little wild with what could be…not so much this time. But that doesn’t mean it can’t still be impactful and beautiful. I am managing my expectations but hoping for maybe an unexpected surprise or two.

5 minutes ago, LA1984 said:

Normally before a ceremony, my imagination runs a little wild with what could be…not so much this time. But that doesn’t mean it can’t still be impactful and beautiful. I am managing my expectations but hoping for maybe an unexpected surprise or two.

Same here.

56 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

And the IOC must be an eternal grateful of Japan... this coutnry saved its ass!!!!!

YUP!

Still eager to see what the cauldron will look like. I will admit, while I'm all for environmental conservation and lowering down CO2 levels and such, I miss the big cauldrons that you'd see tower above stadiums. Pyeongchang 2018 was the last one (for now?)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kevin C. said:

Still eager to see what the cauldron will look like. I will admit, while I'm all for environmental conservation and lowering down CO2 levels and such, I miss the big cauldrons that you'd see tower above stadiums. Pyeongchang 2018 was the last one (for now?)

How many hours left?

2 hours ago, Kevin C. said:

Beijing's cauldron wasn't look that big to me...

The half-mast in Vancouver was due to one Olympic athlete who died while in training.  They aren't going to honor an abstract thing like a pandemic.  WHy should they?  It messed up their entire plans.  Don't you think it's on everyone's mind that there is a pall to the staging of these Games -- and they need a reminder of that at every turn??  :rolleyes:

Well this is it! we are hours away, after years of waiting, years of theories, days of sneak peaks, researching about the ceremonies and the tokyo 2020 and yes it finally happening! All of our questions will be answered in any time now!  Happy olympics everyone!! I wish to see you on Beijing 2022!! So fun being in the forum with you all. Ive been reading here since it was created and I just created this account just recently!! Still curious for the Closing Ceremony but let us see the opening today #StrongerTogether

• Like 1