Tokyo 2020 Ceremonies

1 hour ago, Ikarus360 said:

Probably because the ceremonies have fallen into disgrace now because of the Director anti-semitic remarks, so they want to avoid more damage to the reputation. Its a normal practice.

Seems like an overreaction to me. It’s not like they’ve canceled the ceremonies because of it. They could’ve just removed his name or announce who would be running the show instead or something.

• Like 1

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20210722/k00/00m/050/263000c

Translation:

Spoiler

The Tokyo Organizing Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games announced on the night of the 22nd that the opening ceremony on the following day, the 23rd, will be held as scheduled. Regarding Mr. Kentaro Kobayashi (48), who was in charge of directing the opening ceremony, the Organizing Committee said, "We have scrutinized the content of the opening ceremony again, but the content of the production was produced after repeated examinations by creators in various fields. There was no individual part where he was specifically directing by himself. " [Yuta Kobayashi]

The ceremony will go on as planned

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bear said:

https://mainichi.jp/articles/20210722/k00/00m/050/263000c

Translation:

Hide contents

The Tokyo Organizing Committee for the Olympic and Paralympic Games announced on the night of the 22nd that the opening ceremony on the following day, the 23rd, will be held as scheduled. Regarding Mr. Kentaro Kobayashi (48), who was in charge of directing the opening ceremony, the Organizing Committee said, "We have scrutinized the content of the opening ceremony again, but the content of the production was produced after repeated examinations by creators in various fields. There was no individual part where he was specifically directing by himself. " [Yuta Kobayashi]

The ceremony will go on as planned

Phew! Still think it’s throwing the baby out with the bath water that they even considered cutting out a segment, but glad they didn’t feel the need. Not condoning what he said/did, but it wouldn’t be fair to the performers and everyone else working hard on the show. 

I love the themes for this year's Opening Ceremony: the Covid-Cancel-Culture Ceremony!! 

To be followed by the Chinese Communist Cabal show in 7 months' time!! 

And working in the background will be the Russians trying to hack and screw the whole thing over!!  

Doncha luv it??  

So Coates thinks because he's head of the AOC and that Brisbane was handed the 2032 Olympics that he now can order politicians what to do? Of course he's spun it as a misunderstanding that is once again Fox News worthy. I watched the exchange on ABC News. Seemed like he demanded her to attend the ceremonies. Bach and Coates both need to go.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1110568/coates-palaszczuk-tokyo-2020-opening

20 minutes ago, stryker said:

So Coates thinks because he's head of the AOC and that Brisbane was handed the 2032 Olympics that he now can order politicians what to do? Of course he's spun it as a misunderstanding that is once again Fox News worthy. I watched the exchange on ABC News. Seemed like he demanded her to attend the ceremonies. Bach and Coates both need to go.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1110568/coates-palaszczuk-tokyo-2020-opening

Coates said:  

"The Opening Ceremonies cost in the order of $75 million (£54 million/€63 million) to $100 million (£72 million/€84 million), it's a major exercise for any Organising Committee.

"It puts a stamp on the Games and it's very important to the broadcasts that follow and it's my very strong recommendation that the Premier, and the Lord Mayor and the Sports Minister be there and understand it."

I LUV this dude - a guy after my own heart!!  He forgot to say:  Fuggedabout the sports parts of it!! :wacko:

With those words, I forgive him now for hijacking and eliminating a costly race for 2032!!  B)

1 hour ago, baron-pierreIV said:

I love the themes for this year's Opening Ceremony: the Covid-Cancel-Culture Ceremony!! 

And working in the background will be the Russians trying to hack and screw the whole thing over!!  

Doncha luv it??  

Of all this shitshow, Pyeongchang was the most fortunate of the asian trio. And the lead-up of that one was also terrible (remember how they kept us scared the whole 2017 with Kim trigger happy attitude? Trump, for all his faults, at least managed to pacify that madman).

35 minutes ago, stryker said:

Bach and Coates both need to go.

And who will replace him? Don't wanna be that guy but much like Fifa, Bach will be replaced by someone as bad or worse. He already got rid of anyone who wasn't a Yes Man to him from the IOC so now most of the members are his bootlickers.

2 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Doncha luv it??  

What is this!? I thought this is a sports forum not some conspiracy forum.

23 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Of all this shitshow, Pyeongchang was the most fortunate of the asian trio. And the lead-up of that one was also terrible (remember how they kept us scared the whole 2017 with Kim trigger happy attitude? Trump, for all his faults, at least managed to pacify that madman).

At least, we're interested in the mascots. The mascots were fine.

12 minutes ago, WD96 said:

What is this!? I thought this is a sports forum not some conspiracy forum.

Where have you been?  This has NEVER BEEN about SPORTS per se.  It is about the business of BIDDING FOR THE OLYMPIC Games and all the peripheral chicanery and assorted hoopla that goes with it.  Pure sports is the least subject to be taken seriously here.  Go to other forums for that where you can stick your "live UGLY bulldog" mascots.  

Curious to know what fanfare will be used when the games are declared open. The tokyo 1964 fanfare? Nagano 1998? Or perhaps a new one will one heard.

41 minutes ago, Kevin C. said:

Curious to know what fanfare will be used when the games are declared open. The tokyo 1964 fanfare? Nagano 1998? Or perhaps a new one will one heard.

Strong rumours say the Emperor will avoid using the term "Celebrating" in the opening speech as in tradition, in order to not polarize japanese people more than they already are. Doubt they'll do fanfares or anything of the sort.

7 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Strong rumours say the Emperor will avoid using the term "Celebrating" in the opening speech as in tradition, in order to not polarize japanese people more than they already are. Doubt they'll do fanfares or anything of the sort.

"Here, I will declare the opening of the XVIII Olympic Winter Games in Nagano." - his father

7 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Wow that would be a first and a mindf**k as well, to stray from protocol like that.

8 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

We are just few hours left to the opening ceremony, and I feel the lowest excitment ever for an Olympic edition...

I've never missed a ceremony since 1992 (both Barthelona & Albertville), I wont miss this one either, but it will feel different :/

Now I'm in near national stadium.About 1 hour and half later,I see  5 rings in the sky.Many people in the street who want to witness it,and I'm one of them with soyoshi:lol:.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kevin C. said:

I've never missed a ceremony since 1992 (both Barthelona & Albertville), I wont miss this one either, but it will feel different :/

Me too. I haven't missed any opening - both summer and winter - since Atlanta 1996. And I feel this ceremony, despite it is historical, doesn't have any excitment....

• Like 1