Jump to content

Tokyo 2020 Ceremonies


Recommended Posts

It seems the drone show will have an important presence during the show and not just a highlight as it was in PyeongChang. It looks just amazing,  I have never seen such level of perfectionism in a drone show. I am eager to know hot it connects with the spectacle!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2021 at 9:55 PM, yoshi said:

I hope the virus doesn't take up the whole thing, hopefully there'll be some space for the Japan we saw in the handover - maybe an appearance from Soyoshi and his mates? ;)

Quote

Mario Kart Drone, HD Png Download , Transparent Png Image - PNGitem

@yoshiI PMed last week,have fun!^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Today seems to be a full dress rehearsal and members of the press will have access to it for what I heard. The amount of leaks should increase heavily in the following hours.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BTHarner said:

NBC cut that segment out of their broadcast.

No wonder I only heard about it.  Never saw it.  

I wonder if the Russians will again try to hack the OC and muck it up as they tried to do with 2018? 

Edited by baron-pierreIV
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

- Really intrigued to know what are those floating stones from 0:24

I think those pebbles and rocks are deeply related to Japan's nature worship,animism and life and death.Generally pebbles and rocks of riverside(especially rivers in the mountain)are natural object that people's(dead or alive)soul,spirit and invisible feelings dwell.Perhaps those stones mean souls of the victims of an earthquake in Tohoku,they go up high in the sky and then to heaven...well just in my interpretation.Otherwise,they are simply stones of fence of samurai castle.

17 hours ago, LA1984 said:

A brief look at some of the costumes:

At "24 of the video

What I don't understand most is white mummy costumes.It's like Thriller or Butoh.:wacko:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Hightowerio86 said:

Now that Brisbane's officially been named host of the Games of the 35th Olympiad in 2032, we expect that the final four nations to enter the stadium at Friday's opening ceremony will be Australia, USA, France, and Japan.

No, it does not work like that. The host nation marches last. The others will march in alphabetical order, normally in that nations alphabet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Olympian2005 said:

No, it does not work like that. The host nation marches last. The others will march in alphabetical order, normally in that nations alphabet.

Yes it does. IOC made changes to the Parade of Nations. Now future host countries enter last but before the host nation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, colebrazier said:

Yes it does. IOC made changes to the Parade of Nations. Now future host countries enter last but before the host nation.

I did not know this was changed. my apologies

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to an article that is posted on Balich wonder show ig

Tokyo 2020 opening ceremony will be ‘sobering’ show, not flashy

JULY 21 . 2021

TOKYO (Reuters) – Forget the mass choreography, the huge props and the cornucopia of dancer, actors and lights associated with an Olympic Games opening ceremony. Tokyo’s grand opening on Friday will have none of that splendour or grandiosity.

Instead it will be a scaled down affair, a “sobering” performance, Marco Balich, longtime Opening Ceremonies Executive Producer, and now a Senior Advisor to the Tokyo ceremonies Executive Producer, told Reuters in an interview.

“It will be a much more sobering ceremony. Nevertheless with beautiful Japanese aesthetics. Very Japanese but also in sync with the sentiment of today, the reality,” Balich, who was in charge of the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics, said

Click here for more https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2ER09Y

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Olympicman said:

 Forget the mass choreography, the huge props and the cornucopia of dancer, actors and lights associated with an Olympic Games opening ceremony.

Don't need to tell me. The moment I read Marco Balich I knew what to expect. <_<

Seriously, much like Bach he seems to be a Dictator himself now when it comes to olympic/sport ceremonies (though he wasn't in PC2018 I think). Really getting tired of him being around in everything and for the look of some posts ago seems he forced another small/ecological cauldron. Again.

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Don't need to tell me. The moment I read Marco Balich I knew what to expect. <_<

Seriously, much like Bach he seems to be a Dictator himself now when it comes to olympic/sport ceremonies (though he wasn't in PC2018 I think). Really getting tired of him being around in everything and for the look of some posts ago seems he forced another small/ecological cauldron. Again.

Exactly :( I really missed the past ceremonies (not balich's). I understand the situation now about the downscale from the "grandious" (due to a pandemic) but this could be their chance to lift up every ones feelings and get the feeling of fun and the AMAZING factor.    Anyways. I hope the "Sobering" ceremony will work and wont disappoint. But yeahhhhhhh im sad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyway.....another preview from the official Youtube channel. And I seriously hope the french make a petition to keep Balich away from their ceremonies as far as possible (no need to tell Beijing because i'm sure they won't consider him)

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Olympicman said:

I have strong guts that the cauldron design will be a flower like, with its petals surrounding the flame, i think it's connected to the torch design (sakura).

I was thinking about that as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Don't need to tell me. The moment I read Marco Balich I knew what to expect. <_<

Seriously, much like Bach he seems to be a Dictator himself now when it comes to olympic/sport ceremonies (though he wasn't in PC2018 I think). Really getting tired of him being around in everything and for the look of some posts ago seems he forced another small/ecological cauldron. Again.

They should have gotten Ric Birch or Don Mischner to produce the ceremony but they probably would have done the same thing with the cauldron

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Olympicman said:

I have strong guts that the cauldron design will be a flower like, with its petals surrounding the flame, i think it's connected to the torch design (sakura).

But if you look at the cauldron in the photos it appears to be surrounded by two different circles of mirrors. The interior ring does not seem large enough to allow the pillar to expand out to a petal. The use of mirrors at that height leads me to believe that it will be vertical tower design. Like how SLC cauldron was ignited, but the "stem" stays lit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Blazerblaz3 said:

But if you look at the cauldron in the photos it appears to be surrounded by two different circles of mirrors. The interior ring does not seem large enough to allow the pillar to expand out to a petal. The use of mirrors at that height leads me to believe that it will be vertical tower design. Like how SLC cauldron was ignited, but the "stem" 

At any chances tho it could be too. But what if the petals there are  being tied to each other or the petal will move down upon being lit (robotic). Also the mirrors there reminds me of the rio2016 outdoor cauldron that surrounds the cauldron as gate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe sure. But I think we're going to see a design more similar to the light columns in the background with the 6 orbs at the top. If you look at how the covering is laying atop the cauldron it would appear that it mirrors the same 6 orb design. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...