Tokyo 2020 Ceremonies

3 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

You do know that his widow is Japanese.  I think she's given the IOC the public performance rights to IMAGINE for free.  Betcha Ono will be there. 

Oh well....

1 hour ago, PikyoK said:

SPOILER ALERT

A rehearsal of the Opening Ceremony was held last night in Tokyo and I managed to find some footage from Channel 7 News Australia (the Australian broadcaster for the Olympics). You can expect a lot of fireworks, projections and some Japanese elements blended with contemporary art. Looks very promising.

BJFl28r.png

6fy8g0N.png

9aP4chY.png

w8kwM7W.png

cPiNAdG.png

GAeJzpX.png

50sFeZY.png

Looks promising according to the screen grabs from Seven this morning 

• Like 4

I hope i am wrong but it looks like it is going to be very disjointed and confusing ceremony with lots of random young people doing interpretive dance :s

Imagine is a nice song but it is boring and sad. i hope that the we get some joy in the ceremony.

Do you guys have a video of fireworks on the roof of the stadium?

2 hours ago, PikyoK said:

SPOILER ALERT

A rehearsal of the Opening Ceremony was held last night in Tokyo and I managed to find some footage from Channel 7 News Australia (the Australian broadcaster for the Olympics). You can expect a lot of fireworks, projections and some Japanese elements blended with contemporary art. Looks very promising.

BJFl28r.png

6fy8g0N.png

9aP4chY.png

w8kwM7W.png

cPiNAdG.png

GAeJzpX.png

50sFeZY.png

Can you screen record it? I saw it on 7news website but i can't watch it because i'm not in australia.

7 News also reported about the Opening Ceremony too in its 6pm bulletin. They posted a tweet with more sneak peek footage here:

Keigo Oyamada to quit Olympic opening ceremony role over past bullying

Japanese musician Keigo Oyamada said Monday he will leave the creative team for the opening ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics after admitting that he bullied children with disabilities many years ago.

The 52-year-old musician’s resignation, coming just before Friday’s opening ceremony, is the latest incident to beset the Olympics, which will be held mostly without spectators amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The move follows days of controversy over his confessions published in magazines in the 1990s in which he boasted about bullying people during his childhood.

Date:July 19,2021

News source:The Japan Times

Link to this article:https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2021/07/19/national/keigo-oyamada-olympics-resignation/

His deed of the past was abuse more than bullying.It is very natural for him to quit his position.

20 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Funny enough, her family are one of the richest in Japan, being owners of the Bank of Japan and everything. But to be honest, I always thought her relative, Yuji Ohno, had much more talent.

Yuji Ohno is not her relative.As far as Lupin the 3rd concerns,I prefer Charlie Kosei.

5 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

You do know that his widow is Japanese.  I think she's given the IOC the public performance rights to IMAGINE for free.  Betcha Ono will be there. 

I like the globe drone show so far.  Those sneak peeks also look good!! 

88 years old beatle widow and a witch from far east,Yoko Ono suffers from lewy body dementia these days and she's now always sitting in wheel chair.

How about Steve Aoki?Dad Rocky Aoki attended Rome 1960 as substitute athlete(wrestling) and as famous as Yoko.

Yikes. This is not looking pretty good. You could imagined they would had used LED lights in the seats to make up for the absence of spectators, but not even that. So far the only impressive thing is the Drone show.

Preview of the Opening Ceremony also shown in japanese television

Also another video of the drones. They will form the Olympic Rings (Pyeongchang missed the opportunity to make it live on their opening :( )

Even more...

1984 : Flag rings (Sarajevo) - Golden balls rings (LA)

1988 : Human rings : in the spectators seated in Calgary and Human formation in Seoul.

1992 : Dancing human rings (Barcelona, dancing Sardana)

1994 : Human rings (again)

1996: Dancing human rings (the tribes)

1998 : No rings

2000 : Horses rings

2002 : Fire on ice rings

2004 : Fire on water rings

2006 : "Structure" rings

2008 : Light rings (dream rings)

2010 : Explosive rings (the snowboarder who crossed the rings)

2012 : "Industrial wih fireworks rinngs

2014 : Failed snowflakes rings (OC) - Human rings (CC)

2016 : Trees rings

2018 : Pre-recorded drone rings

2020 (2021): Live drone rings

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

2000 : Horses rings

2002 : Fire on ice rings

2004 : Fire on water rings

Those 3 successive Olympics - Sydney, Salt Lake, Athens -- had a continuous, running motif with FIRE and Water.  1st Cathy Freeman lit the cauldron coming out of the water; and then 2 years later, it reappeared on ice in Salt Lake.  And then another 800 days later, the ice melted to water; and they appear again out of water, as in Sydney 4 years earlier.  Very good segueing of the 2 (of the 5 natural) elements of Life: fire and water!! 

10 hours ago, Olympian2005 said:

I hope i am wrong but it looks like it is going to be very disjointed and confusing ceremony with lots of random young people doing interpretive dance :s

Imagine is a nice song but it is boring and sad. i hope that the we get some joy in the ceremony.

I hope you’re wrong too :) it’s hard to judge by seeing a few snippets. Time will tell how it comes together. To me it looks like it could be cool. I also think the simple stage that’s currently there will be expanded upon by those wooden structures. In the show description, I believe the director mentioned that it will evolve.

2 minutes ago, LA1984 said:

I hope you’re wrong too :) it’s hard to judge by seeing a few snippets. Time will tell how it comes together. To me it looks like it could be cool. I also think the simple stage that’s currently there will be expanded upon by those wooden structures. In the show description, I believe the director mentioned that it will evolve.

Context: https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/en/news/count-down?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social-earned&utm_campaign=twitter_na_na_social_na_na_na&utm_content=twitter_na_na_social_na_na_na_na_occontent-tokyo2020_na_na

The evolving nature of the stage setting is not to be missed." (set designer quote)

This will not be a lavish show at Beijing style (despite all of us expected something like that), but a smaller and simple ceremony at Rio style which does not mean this won’t be spectacular and beautiful as Rio was. Not only for the covid context it is carried out, but also smaller and TV oriented ceremonies were more evident since Rio and their subsequent events: Kuala Lumpur 2017, Gold Coast 2018, Buenos Aires 2018, PyeongChang 2018, Lima 2019... all of them were in a smaller scale than the previous one, but they were truly fantastic. I think both ceremonies in Gold Coast and Lima can give a good outline of how small but breathtaking ceremonies can be done.

Honestly, I won’t expect something “small and simple” for Beijing 2022. Chinese do not know the concept “simple” for their events.

• Like 2