Tokyo 2020 Ceremonies

16 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

I know the name Decoufle might cause cringe among some people in this board but I always liked his work in Albertville. something similar but with today's technology would be great.

Maybe a sneak peak of their Look? who knows

Pretty nice they choosed an internationally known musician for the handover. Woodkid also shown an extract of the music at the end of the interview which you can hear here:

https://twitter.com/franceinter/status/1413375652464664576?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1413375652464664576|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Factu.fr%2Fauvergne-rhone-alpes%2Flyon_69123%2Fle-lyonnais-woodkid-choisi-pour-realiser-la-musique-de-passation-des-jo-entre-tokyo-et-paris_43340913.html

That music sounds epic! I'm excited to see what they have in store for Tokyo at the closing ceremony.

2 hours ago, WD96 said:

He is just providing the music.  It doesn't say that he is actually conceptualizing or producing the segment.  Please be  more precise.  

3 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

He is just providing the music.  It doesn't say that he is actually conceptualizing or producing the segment.  Please be  more precise.  

Only for the music part as for the other producers, well, we had to wait and see.

What I mean by "Woodkid is doing the presentation for Paris 2024" is that he is one of the people who is involved in the presentation. For the others, well had to wait. This is why I created this thread.

On 7/9/2021 at 8:56 AM, yoshi said:

With hindsight the IOC probably should've postponed by two years, if not regretfully cancelled the cycle and bumped Tokyo to 24 or 32.

In my opinion, that should've been done. Give Tokyo the 2032 Games and possibly move Brisbane to 2036.

17 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

And I'm the one being antagonistic with others....yikes. :rolleyes:

If the music is as good as this one, I guess the french handover soundtrack will be one of its strongest points. Maybe without spectators or too much athletes they have a larger area to work with like Japan had in 2016.

• Like 1

They should just do the protocol and get over with. Japanese are very angry and it seems they are even asking the Emperor to not attend the opening ceremony (he hasn't said anything so far but parties are arguing that, him being a symbol of unity to the country, could cause division if he attends it after the population was banned from going)

Meanwhile, Japanese people are becoming the biggest fans of Bach.

60e99a6610f89.image.jpg?crop=1615,1211,4

E555m7EVgAQ6aun.jpg

44 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

They should just do the protocol and get over with. Japanese are very angry and it seems they are even asking the Emperor to not attend the opening ceremony (he hasn't said anything so far but parties are arguing that, him being a symbol of unity to the country, could cause division if he attends it after the population was banned from going)

Meanwhile, Japanese people are becoming the biggest fans of Bach.

They are very radical citizens who support Social Democratic Party and overreact to bourgeoisies and every exploitation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Palette86 said:

They are very radical citizens who support Social Democratic Party and overreact to bourgeoisies and every exploitation.

These guys are part of the #NoOlympicsAnywhere movement or as Reddit calls them, the cancel culture of sports.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WD96 said:

These guys are part of the #NoOlympicsAnywhere movement or as Reddit calls them, the cancel culture of sports.

Ironically, many in the far Right which hates cancel culture also hate the Olympics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, WD96 said:

I guess the people who supported are mostly centrist. 

https://www.change.org/p/トーマス-バッハ-人々の夢と希望をつなぐため-東京五輪の開催を支持します

Proposer of this campaigne is Tsuneyasu Takeda(son of Tsunekazu Takeda).

9 hours ago, WD96 said:

I don't see any photos of the far right protesting the Olympics.

Thumbnail shows people carrying the Imperial WW2 flag, heavily associated with the japanese Far Right.

Were you saying?:rolleyes:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Palette86 said:

Japan. A country where social democrats are considered radical. Like Germany 150 years ago.

1 hour ago, Ikarus360 said:

Thumbnail shows people carrying the Imperial WW2 flag, heavily associated with the japanese Far Right.

Were you saying?:rolleyes:

Oh kami, Chinese and Korean athletes would be foaming at their mouths if they see this.

On 7/9/2021 at 7:43 AM, Anthony said:

Is it the Games are hated or is it the way in which the Government is handling the pandemic is hated? Because the narrative here is that the Japanese are pissed with the Government in the handling of the pandemic and still chose to host the Games.  Because to me... with the low vaccination rate, it sounds like the Japanese Government is doing a terrible job with vaccine distribution.

On 7/9/2021 at 7:56 AM, yoshi said:

I don't know what things were like before the virus hit ( @Palette86?) but it does look from afar like this is all about the context of hosting the Olympics during a pandemic in an extremely low vaccinated country (why is the vaccination so bad there, I'm very surprised at that), and then having to basically remove almost everything that makes the Olympics worth having because of the danger of spreading the virus in an unvaccinated population. With hindsight the IOC probably should've postponed by two years, if not regretfully cancelled the cycle and bumped Tokyo to 24 or 32. 

Knowing that this game wouldn't be as symbolic as 1964's and the government intended economic benefits the public had been looking forward to Tokyo 2020 as a big sport event.Sad Tokyo,you were just unlucky.

I don't think it's not the government's laziness that vaccination is very slow. Some are still reluctant to vaccination and many of them are concerned about reactions and effectiveness. Here's an article about Japan's vaccination.

https://www.timeout.com/tokyo/news/heres-the-tentative-timeline-of-japans-covid-19-vaccination-programme-012021

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StefanMUC said:

Japan. A country where social democrats are considered radical. Like Germany 150 years ago.

Unfortunately, that's not just a problem in Japan these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Palette86 said:

... it's not the government's laziness that vaccination is very slow. Some are still reluctant to vaccination and many of them are concerned about reactions and effectiveness. ...

Paradoxical. The UK's vaccination programme got off to a flying start largely because every other option had been messed up. Japan managed to keep a lid on the crisis for a long time, so the sense of "What have we got to lose?" is apparently absent