Jump to content

Tokyo 2020 Ceremonies


Recommended Posts

This organizing comittee is a joke. Always delaying the inevitable. At first it was "we will only allow people from Japan". Then, "We will only allow a max of 10.000 people per venue" and now its "Only VIP and no spectators at ceremonies". Not even an event for the people but for the Satrapas of the IOC, just to add more insult to the injury many japanese already feel toward this event.

Again, I doubt Japan will ever want to host this mess of an event ever again. At least for a good bunch of years we'll never see another Olympics in Japan so you can kiss goodbye a Sapporo bid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/5/2021 at 11:21 PM, Ikarus360 said:

Anyway....a bit of a mangled translation but some of the decisions the japanese government took recently regarding spectators

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/6bdb1b6c433850749ca7270fcc4948da14af0cb1

 

Bach will be arriving in Tokyo tomorrow and the government will hold a meeting on 8th of July.So tomorrow you'll certainly know by the evening news if the O&C ceremonies will be held with no spectators or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Just W O W ....what the hell is an opening without spectators....a TV entertainment special????

A political show by Yuriko Koike, prime minister Suga and von ripper-off Bach!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

This organizing comittee is a joke. Always delaying the inevitable. At first it was "we will only allow people from Japan". Then, "We will only allow a max of 10.000 people per venue" and now its "Only VIP and no spectators at ceremonies". Not even an event for the people but for the Satrapas of the IOC, just to add more insult to the injury many japanese already feel toward this event.

Again, I doubt Japan will ever want to host this mess of an event ever again. At least for a good bunch of years we'll never see another Olympics in Japan so you can kiss goodbye a Sapporo bid.

Are there going to be riots after this if Japan decides to bid again?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Again, I doubt Japan will ever want to host this mess of an event ever again. At least for a good bunch of years we'll never see another Olympics in Japan so you can kiss goodbye a Sapporo bid.

Also, when is the last the last time when dont see an Olympics for a bunch of years because of a screw up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

This organizing comittee is a joke. Always delaying the inevitable. At first it was "we will only allow people from Japan". Then, "We will only allow a max of 10.000 people per venue" and now its "Only VIP and no spectators at ceremonies". Not even an event for the people but for the Satrapas of the IOC, just to add more insult to the injury many japanese already feel toward this event.

Again, I doubt Japan will ever want to host this mess of an event ever again. At least for a good bunch of years we'll never see another Olympics in Japan so you can kiss goodbye a Sapporo bid.

Also, that could also affect Beijing 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Palette86 said:

Bach will be arriving in Tokyo tomorrow and the government will hold a meeting on 8th of July.So tomorrow you'll certainly know by the evening news if the O&C ceremonies will be held with no spectators or not.

Sorry for the multiple posts but everything that affected Tokyo 2020 will also affect Beijing 2022.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Olympian2005 said:

At the European Soccer champs earlier today there was a nearly full stadium in London. Why does the Olympics OC get none?

The Olympics are a multi-sporting event. This means that all fans of all sports come together. This could be chaotic for both Tokyo 2020 and Beijing 2022 if they allowed spectators.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, WD96 said:

The Olympics are a multi-sporting event. This means that all fans of all sports come together. This could be chaotic for both Tokyo 2020 and Beijing 2022 if they allowed spectators.

I Only meant for the opening ceremony not all of the sports...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, WD96 said:

Yeah, and I like I said before, they may do the spectator ban for Beijing 2022 too.

Not gonna happen.  That means the CCP will have acceded to the virus they created.  The tone of Beijing 2022 will be that the "virus" of 2020-21 will have been vanquished by February 2022!  Xi and his gov't have made their offering to their godless gods!! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Olympian2005 said:

At the European Soccer champs earlier today there was a nearly full stadium in London. Why does the Olympics OC get none?

Because most of the Europe has countries with 50%+ with at least one dose of the vaccine. Japan is way behind.  At this stage in the game, I'd say there is no comparison.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, WD96 said:

But still, only 12.65% of Japan’s population had been vaccinated

and this is way slower....still, we had to see if the Tokyo 2020 opening ceremony run smoothly without spectators.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WD96 said:

and this is way slower....still, we had to see if the Tokyo 2020 opening ceremony run smoothly without spectators.

Actually, there may be like 250 people there: the 100 or so IOC members, the Imperial Japanese party; high officials of Japan and Tokyo; sponsors, and some foreign VIPs like US First Lady Jill Biden who will go.  The Marching music will be MORE IMPORTANT than ever.  Maybe remaining Games volunteers might get treated to a 3rd viewing of the OC.  

The CLosing will be even more ghost-like when MANY athletes will already have gone home.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...