Jump to content

Tokyo 2020 Ceremonies


Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Shiruba98 said:

Seems like that will be the cauldron. They're keeping Rio's theme of small cauldrons that don't damage the environment. Good on them.
I also like the idea being Mount Fuji with the sun rising being the cauldron.
Now this is why I'm excited!

By the way, can you share the source/account? Maybe they'll post more stuff in the next days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, neneu10 said:

Just founded on Instagram IMG-7cj40x.jpg

I don't think the whole object is a real cauldron. It is covered with white cloth. And the main body and sphere must be inside of it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despite the lighting of the cauldron is the highest point of the ceremony, I like the idea of having small nonpolluting cauldrons. I have always thought it’s such a waste of resources using giant cauldrons when they are merely a symbol. Even more, I think the torch relay should be reconsidered after seeing the growing lack of interest in the latest edition of Olympics and regional games – attending the covid crisis and the low support of these games in Japan, this torch relay has been the coldest ever!

The original planned ceremony shows the cauldron lighting pretty alike Lima 2019 style. Even before Rio, the small cauldron started to be tendency since London 2012, followed by Toronto 2015 and then Buenos Aires 2018, Lima 2019 and Napoli 2019.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

to me it looks like the sun rising from the mountain and then it may open up into a blossom with the flame coming out.

side note: i'm tired of projection mapping.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, BigVic said:

Nothing is mentioned in the protocol guide for the Closing Ceremony about raising the flags for future hosts Olympics. 

The US and Australian flags and their respective anthems should also be played on the night of the Closing Ceremony as Los Angeles, CA, USA and Brisbane, QLD, Australia are to become hosts for the 2028 and 2032 games. 

I don’t see the reason why they have to raise US and Australian flags when they are the upcoming games after Paris. In the closing ceremony the French anthem should be played and France flag should be raised. And for being an exceptional edition and for having with few months for the upcoming Winter Games, a special mention for Beijing 2022 should be presented.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Anthony said:

to me it looks like the sun rising from the mountain and then it may open up into a blossom with the flame coming out.

side note: i'm tired of projection mapping.

Me too. They were OK in Vancouver, Sochi and Rio and a lot of regional games and other sports event ceremonies. Even Lima 2019 was not mapping centered, but just as a support.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, BigVic said:

Nothing is mentioned in the protocol guide for the Closing Ceremony about raising the flags for future hosts Olympics. 

The US and Australian flags and their respective anthems should also be played on the night of the Closing Ceremony as Los Angeles, CA, USA and Brisbane, QLD, Australia are to become hosts for the 2028 and 2032 games. 

Brisbane 2032 is official?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Anthony said:

Brisbane 2032 is official?

Not yet, but it is almost for sure!

Having the current global crisis,  cities will be disputing to be Olympic host. Australia is the most reliable option. No choice this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nacholympic said:

Not yet, but it is almost for sure!

Having the current global crisis,  cities will be disputing to be Olympic host. Australia is the most reliable option. No choice this time.

... NO CITIES WILL BE DISPUTING....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

Despite the lighting of the cauldron is the highest point of the ceremony, I like the idea of having small nonpolluting cauldrons. I have always thought it’s such a waste of resources using giant cauldrons when they are merely a symbol. Even more, I think the torch relay should be reconsidered after seeing the growing lack of interest in the latest edition of Olympics and regional games – attending the covid crisis and the low support of these games in Japan, this torch relay has been the coldest ever!

The original planned ceremony shows the cauldron lighting pretty alike Lima 2019 style. Even before Rio, the small cauldron started to be tendency since London 2012, followed by Toronto 2015 and then Buenos Aires 2018, Lima 2019 and Napoli 2019.

For those who have the opportunity to run in the Torch Relay, it is their chance to be part of the Games and is a memory they will remember for the rest of their lives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

For those who have the opportunity to run in the Torch Relay, it is their chance to be part of the Games and is a memory they will remember for the rest of their lives.

I don’t say the torch relay should end, but there must be reconsidered in a new style… visiting foundations, shortened in time, creating more participation in the places where it is carried… I don’t know… new ideas for a new world order. It’s is clear the classical relay by running on streets no longer attract people’s and media attention. If it wasn’t for internet, I wouldn´t have any idea that a Olympic flame relay is currently taking place in Japan…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nacholympic said:

The original planned ceremony shows the cauldron lighting pretty alike Lima 2019 style. Even before Rio, the small cauldron started to be tendency since London 2012, followed by Toronto 2015 and then Buenos Aires 2018, Lima 2019 and Napoli 2019.

Don't forget that one from the 2017 SEA Games in Kuala Lumpur.

maxresdefault.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Palette86 said:

I don't think the whole object is a real cauldron. It is covered with white cloth. And the main body and sphere must be inside of it. 

It's possibly covered for secrecy maybe.

I'm also praying that it has real fire burning, not that crappy fake flame from Napoli.

I get that they did it for the environment and possibly as a fire prevention thing as that stadium they used is very old.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

to me it looks like the sun rising from the mountain and then it may open up into a blossom with the flame coming out.

side note: i'm tired of projection mapping.

 

45 minutes ago, Shiruba98 said:

It's possibly covered for secrecy maybe.

I'm also praying that it has real fire burning, not that crappy fake flame from Napoli.

I get that they did it for the environment and possibly as a fire prevention thing as that stadium they used is very old.

If this is Mt. Fuji and the sphere of upper part is sun or globe, it's very poor idea and I am very dissapointed. I can easily imagine an announcer narrating too exaggeratedly on the live of NHK.Real Fujiyama and sun that you actually see in Tokyo are more beautiful than this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The cauldron is covered like in Beijing 2008. During the parade of Atheltes, it was secretly put into its location which wasn't revealed until the moment Li Ning lit the wick after he completed the lap around the rim of the Bird's Nest. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, BigVic said:

The cauldron is covered like in Beijing 2008. During the parade of Atheltes, it was secretly put into its location which wasn't revealed until the moment Li Ning lit the wick after he completed the lap around the rim of the Bird's Nest. 

I see. I'm excited to see what it'll look like uncovered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Anthony said:

to me it looks like the sun rising from the mountain and then it may open up into a blossom with the flame coming out.

side note: i'm tired of projection mapping.

Given the currrent pandemic situation I doubt they will use too many actors put together, so projections is what is most likely gonna happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, yoshi said:

So does this all mean they're going with MIKIKO'S proposal after all, it wasn't rejected but just leaked? Would explain why nothing else escaped beyond those few pages...

It actually doesn't look exactly like Mikiko proposal. There are some similarities but its clearly different.

img_01fa24f205ef25b33ec5857ad21ec5762881

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Given the currrent pandemic situation I doubt they will use too many actors put together, so projections is what is most likely gonna happen.

Vancouver was the first ceremony to use projections on the stage and also the first Indoor Olympic Games Ceremony.
 

Projections will likely be used in Tokyo. The Mikiko proposal outlines the use of projections in its Ceremony plans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Olympian2005 said:

I was hoping for a big cauldron like in the old games.... so that people inside and outside the stadium can see it burning for the duration of the games.

There's going to be an exterior cauldron on the waterfront

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...