Tokyo 2020 Ceremonies

On 8/4/2021 at 2:30 PM, WD96 said:

We'll, I heard the segment will be dedicated to the Japanese who are killed by tragic events such as the Hiroshima bombings just like what London did 9 years ago with the 2005 bombings.

OK, we'll continue the mourning style....

I can't imagine now how the ceremonies for the Paralympics will be.... I think everyone should watch them with a handkerchief in hand...

• Haha 1

Fans of Takarazuka Revue are talking about something of  the "Rose of Versailles" in closing ceremony on SNS because next host country is France. Miki Maya, who appeared as a female carpenter in opening ceremony, is also a former Takarasienne.However, I think this is very unlikely to happen because it's western Japan culture.

I wonder if they are going to have a floor stage for the Closing Ceremony or are they going to use the Track and Field - a la Sydney & Seoul?

4 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Not sure if i'll bother with the closing ceremony. The opening ceremony was a catastrophe and I doubt the closing will be any better. Might only be worth for the Paris segment and that one might also be a mess.

As fas as I know, Paris segment is all pre recorded. No segment in Tokyo stadium, but it will be transmited from Paris to the world.

A la Birminhgam 2022 handover.

PARIS 2024, HANDOVER:

Olympic Games: how will the torch passing ceremony between Tokyo and Paris take place?
Broadcast of the ceremony, giant flag on the Eiffel Tower, flyover by Patrouille de France planes, concert… Festivities are planned this Sunday at the Trocadéro on the occasion of the handover between Tokyo and Paris, in view of the Olympic Games in 2024

Paris is preparing to collect the Olympic flag at the closing ceremony of the Tokyo Games. Festivities are thus organized this Sunday, August 8 in the capital, at the level of the fan zone located in the gardens of the Trocadéro.

While the venue will open from 11 a.m. on the Warsaw Square side, the ceremony is due to start around 1 p.m. During the festivities, the closing ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics, which will be launched by the French medalists and the president of the Paris 2024 organizing committee Tony Estanguet, will be broadcast live via a giant screen. "A 12-minute artistic sequence of Paris 2024" is planned according to the announced program.

At the same time, a giant flag with the Paris 2024 logo will be displayed at the top of the Eiffel Tower. A free Woodkid concert is then scheduled shortly after 3 p.m., in front of the Eiffel Tower.

A flight over Paris by Patrouille de France planes
The event is accessible free of charge, on presentation of the health pass, with a compulsory mask. It is not necessary to register, but access to the premises will be "within the limits of the capacity of the site".

Note that in Japan, the mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo is to receive the flag from the governor of Tokyo, Yuriko Koike, during the closing ceremony of the Tokyo Games. The flag will then arrive in the French capital on August 9, which will mark the start of the new Olympiad.

During the festivities organized on Sunday at the Trocadéro, an overflight by planes of the Patrouille de France is also planned. Two athletes will thus embark in the AlphaJet: Jean-Baptiste Mourcia (pentathlon) and Emilie Morier (triathlon), both of whom are also aviators.

The overflight is being prepared this Saturday evening at the Villacoublay base (Yvelines). The opportunity to try on the suits and check the safety procedures, with a briefing with the Patrouille de France.

France Télévisions is mobilized for this day of passing the torch. France 3 Paris Île-de-France will thus be in a special edition from noon, with a live newspaper from the Trocadéro fan zone.

If the Tokyo Olympics end on Sunday, the Paralympic Games will take place in Japan from August 24 to September 5, 2021.

PAGE: 

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/paris-ile-de-france/paris/jeux-olympiques-comment-va-se-derouler-la-ceremonie-de-passage-de-flambeau-entre-tokyo-et-paris-2207173.html

23 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

That video mention about planning the Paris 2024 Opening Ceremony OUTSIDE the Olympic Stadium...

I knew Buenos Aires 2018 was going to open that door....

I don't think my heart is going to be able to take two crap opening ceremonies in a row.

Am I really going to be left with no other choice but watch Beijing next winter then.

3 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

I don't think my heart is going to be able to take two crap opening ceremonies in a row.

Am I really going to be left with no other choice but watch Beijing next winter then.

Please, take sit and be prepared for this:

According to this article, it is expected Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics won't be so much different as Tokyo's. That means: simple, no public, no great ceremonies...

We must start thinking outside the box for future ceremonies not only in the Olympics... but for all the upcoming events!!!

It seems the era of ceremonies a la Barcelon and Beijing had gone. Covid took them away, too!

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-games-to-change-the-games-paris-2024-lays-out-innovative-olympic-plan-063950354.html

1 minute ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

I think the era of the mega Opening Ceremonies- Sydney/Athens/Beijing/London (and throw in Sochi) needs to be over anyway...they were getting way too big and expensive. Rio was just fine.....

Will just pretend Tokyo never happened.

Hear, hear! My sentiments exactly.

11 minutes ago, Nacholympic said:

Please, take sit and be prepared for this:

According to this article, it is expected Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics won't be so much different as Tokyo's. That means: simple, no public, no great ceremonies...

We must start thinking outside the box for future ceremonies not only in the Olympics... but for all the upcoming events!!!

It seems the era of ceremonies a la Barcelon and Beijing had gone. Covid took them away, too!

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-games-to-change-the-games-paris-2024-lays-out-innovative-olympic-plan-063950354.html

China itself has said nothing much about it. Only that they would be made in a "simple and splendid manner" which sounds very cryptic to me. But they did observed what happened in Tokyo which, unfortunately, had the bad luck of being the first Covid ceremony (that and having a cursed ceremonies team with three directors replaced in less than a year)

https://news.cgtn.com/news/2021-07-24/Beijing-2022-vows-to-present-ceremonies-in-simple-safe-manner-129hByxhPBS/index.html

Also you know very well how much they enjoy to flex, specially in the region. Even with COVID they will still put on a massive show just to rub salt into the wound of Japan. Not Beijing 2008/London 2012 scale, that's for sure, but maybe something above Pyeongchang and below Sochi 2014 is what's going to happen. The only thing which is most likely is no spectators or very limited ones, though.

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1111049/beijing-2022-national-stadium

2 minutes ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

I think the era of the mega Opening Ceremonies- Sydney/Athens/Beijing/London (and throw in Sochi) needs to be over anyway...they were getting way too big and expensive. Rio was just fine.....

I think Rio and Pyeongchang were very balanced ceremonies which were pretty good despite being low budget and far from pharaonic like all the 2000's ceremonies were. They should be the norm from now on

2 hours ago, Nacholympic said:

PARIS 2024, HANDOVER:

Olympic Games: how will the torch passing ceremony between Tokyo and Paris take place?
Broadcast of the ceremony, giant flag on the Eiffel Tower, flyover by Patrouille de France planes, concert… Festivities are planned this Sunday at the Trocadéro on the occasion of the handover between Tokyo and Paris, in view of the Olympic Games in 2024

Paris is preparing to collect the Olympic flag at the closing ceremony of the Tokyo Games. Festivities are thus organized this Sunday, August 8 in the capital, at the level of the fan zone located in the gardens of the Trocadéro.

While the venue will open from 11 a.m. on the Warsaw Square side, the ceremony is due to start around 1 p.m. During the festivities, the closing ceremony of the Tokyo Olympics, which will be launched by the French medalists and the president of the Paris 2024 organizing committee Tony Estanguet, will be broadcast live via a giant screen. "A 12-minute artistic sequence of Paris 2024" is planned according to the announced program.

At the same time, a giant flag with the Paris 2024 logo will be displayed at the top of the Eiffel Tower. A free Woodkid concert is then scheduled shortly after 3 p.m., in front of the Eiffel Tower.

A flight over Paris by Patrouille de France planes
The event is accessible free of charge, on presentation of the health pass, with a compulsory mask. It is not necessary to register, but access to the premises will be "within the limits of the capacity of the site".

Note that in Japan, the mayor of Paris Anne Hidalgo is to receive the flag from the governor of Tokyo, Yuriko Koike, during the closing ceremony of the Tokyo Games. The flag will then arrive in the French capital on August 9, which will mark the start of the new Olympiad.

During the festivities organized on Sunday at the Trocadéro, an overflight by planes of the Patrouille de France is also planned. Two athletes will thus embark in the AlphaJet: Jean-Baptiste Mourcia (pentathlon) and Emilie Morier (triathlon), both of whom are also aviators.

The overflight is being prepared this Saturday evening at the Villacoublay base (Yvelines). The opportunity to try on the suits and check the safety procedures, with a briefing with the Patrouille de France.

France Télévisions is mobilized for this day of passing the torch. France 3 Paris Île-de-France will thus be in a special edition from noon, with a live newspaper from the Trocadéro fan zone.

If the Tokyo Olympics end on Sunday, the Paralympic Games will take place in Japan from August 24 to September 5, 2021.

PAGE: 

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/paris-ile-de-france/paris/jeux-olympiques-comment-va-se-derouler-la-ceremonie-de-passage-de-flambeau-entre-tokyo-et-paris-2207173.html

I want to see homages to the founder of the IOC.

I admire the creativity from the Paris Ceremonies team but I think they should just stick to a stadium with maybe some segments of the Ceremonies taking place in other locations in Paris. 

2 hours ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Agree!

It has been demostrated that simpler shows made with art and properly directed can be splendid!

Gold Coast OC and Lima's ceremonies are evidence of it.

2 hours ago, PikyoK said:

I admire the creativity from the Paris Ceremonies team but I think they should just stick to a stadium with maybe some segments of the Ceremonies taking place in other locations in Paris. 

They even have the experience of open-street ceremonies: remember the giants for the FIFA World Cup 1998. The show was calLed "La Fete du Foot. Un Monde de geants!"

it was... TERRIBLE!!!!!!