Tokyo 2020 Ceremonies

1 hour ago, Blazerblaz3 said:

But if you look at the cauldron in the photos it appears to be surrounded by two different circles of mirrors. The interior ring does not seem large enough to allow the pillar to expand out to a petal. The use of mirrors at that height leads me to believe that it will be vertical tower design. Like how SLC cauldron was ignited, but the "stem" stays lit.

SLC Cauldron?

9 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

Don't need to tell me. The moment I read Marco Balich I knew what to expect. <_<

Seriously, much like Bach he seems to be a Dictator himself now when it comes to olympic/sport ceremonies (though he wasn't in PC2018 I think). Really getting tired of him being around in everything and for the look of some posts ago seems he forced another small/ecological cauldron. Again.

Same here. We want Five Currents!

24 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Same here. We want Five Currents!

Their job in Jakarta Palembang 2018 was terrific. One of the last opening ceremonies I genuinely enjoyed.

Again, I hope France keeps Balich away. They have Eca2 and many other talents which I hope do Paris 2024. I know some people here don't like Decoufle but I would take him over Balich. <_< The ""ecological"" cauldron always seemed like a huge hypocrisy to me when a lot of pollution is already caused by the fireworks show, I mean did you guys remember how Maracana looked literally like it was gonna explode in Rio 2016 finale?

https://www.eca2.com/

34 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

Their job in Jakarta Palembang 2018 was terrific. One of the last opening ceremonies I genuinely enjoyed.

Again, I hope France keeps Balich away. They have Eca2 and many other talents which I hope do Paris 2024. I know some people here don't like Decoufle but I would take him over Balich. <_< The ""ecological"" cauldron always seemed like a huge hypocrisy to me when a lot of pollution is already caused by the fireworks show, I mean did you guys remember how Maracana looked literally like it was gonna explode in Rio 2016 finale?

https://www.eca2.com/

Remember when Nacre mentions Puy du Fou in the PyeongChang 2018 Closing Ceremony Live Chat three years ago? Maybe France can hire these people instead.

42 minutes ago, BigVic said:

Hope Brisbane don't go near the directors of Gold Coast 2018. 

The Opening Ceremony was alright (though many aussies didn't like Jack Morton did the opening when they have David Atkins). It was only the closing ceremony which was god awful.

39 minutes ago, WD96 said:

Remember when Nacre mentions Puy du Fou in the PyeongChang 2018 Closing Ceremony Live Chat three years ago? Maybe France can hire these people instead.

Puy Du Fo would be great but knowing SJW's who have gotten way too loud these days, constantly demonizing past and history as the norm (like the controversy regarding Napoleon some months ago during his bicentennial) i'm afraid they will avoid too much historical elements. Last thing Paris would want is having their ceremonies team Cancelled like half of Tokyo's has.

1 hour ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

The Gold Coast 2018 Opening Ceremony was great- on a budget, but still a worthy celebration. The Closing Ceremony was a steaming pile of dog ^&&*>.

Borobi was feeling very embarrassed when he was involved at the closing ceremony.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LA1984 said:

They’ve mysteriously removed the teaser videos from Instagram and YouTube. :wacko:

The countdown page on the Tokyo 2020 website with those videos and a few other teaser images got taken down as well.

Not defending what the director did but it seems this is just Cancel Culture in all its glory again, aka digging up as far as possible into someone's past to see how they can screw him/her up over. And the fact all of this is happening in such a short time is kinda showing the media is very, very antagonizing against both Japan and the Olympics.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Bear said:

The countdown page on the Tokyo 2020 website with those videos and a few other teaser images got taken down as well.

Probably because the ceremonies have fallen into disgrace now because of the Director anti-semitic remarks, so they want to avoid more damage to the reputation. Its a normal practice.

• Like 2