Bowie

I'm sure there are many of us on here of a certain age who are a little bit sad this evening/day.

The Goblin King is dead. Long live the Goblin King.

labyrinth_jareth.jpg

I was lucky enough to see David twice in concert - once back in 1983 on the 'Serious Moonlight' tour and again in 2004 on his 'A Reality Tour' - both excellent shows.

While he was unwavering with his decision to never tour again I always held out hope he'd headline Glastonbury or do a run of Vegas shows.

Sad day.

We have lost communication with Major Tom :(

Sorry Rols - I was going to name it 'Bowie RIP' but thought no - he would NOT be impressed with the attention his passing has brought about.

Very private man, very dignified.

I want to listen to 'Low' but know it'll just end in me being a big blubbery mess.

And to think - I bought 'Blackstar' last Friday and was thinking he was in the middle of a great, late artistic streak.

It seems extraordinary to speak of David Bowie in the past tense, The fact that his new album came out just the other day made the news of his passing all the more shocking when it broke here early this morning. I wouldn't class myself as a massive fan of his, but I enjoyed a lot of his music and the moment when Chris Hoy led the British team into the London Olympic Stadium to Heroes will stay with me forever. British music, British arts, British life has lost one of its very greatest today.

The fact that you included the word "androgynous" in that sentence may be a clue as to why you don't see his appeal- androgyny was just one facet of something much broader.

Well, I guess DB just doesn't appeal to me, Never have; never will. I just don't get the attraction....not to even talk about his mus...errr, noise.

Who can ever forget this 1967 classic? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyQxTWDLZ8o

R.I.P. David !!!

Archived