Olympic torch for Sale

gogo_gr

Olympics Has Nothing To Do With Tacos, Get Him Out of Here.

Says someone who hasn't been here as long as TNMP. Let the taco speak.

Oh and they would never have the RIO torch as soon as possible, unless of course the organizing committee came out with a replica/commemorative version last minute. The real deal wouldn't be leaked out to the likes of Ebay well before the actual torch relay. And if it were, though highly unlikely it would be, it would definitely be uber-expensive.

Hello

I am not sure if its allowed here to ask/post this, if not pls delete it.

I have an Olympic torch from Athens 2004 and would like to sell it. Whats the average price for this item and where can i find buyers ?(only online eg ebay etc?)

Thank you

I already have one, move along...

Edited by Lord David

• 5 weeks later...

Hello to everyone!

in this topic, people talking about torches, selling, baying etc, etc. as i understand, many things about olympics are collectable; in short, i have used "candela" for torch, from year 1936, olympic games in Berlin. Torch passed former kingdom of Yugoslavia, on his way to Berlin. My father keept this piece of torch as souvenir for doing an raley of it. Question is: is that a collectable thing, or just sentimental thing for him? Any answer is welcome.

Hello to everyone!

in this topic, people talking about torches, selling, baying etc, etc. as i understand, many things about olympics are collectable; in short, i have used "candela" for torch, from year 1936, olympic games in Berlin. Torch passed former kingdom of Yugoslavia, on his way to Berlin. My father keept this piece of torch as souvenir for doing an raley of it. Question is: is that a collectable thing, or just sentimental thing for him? Any answer is welcome.

Hi. I think you are talking about the "incendiary device-holder" as I've heard it referred to? It could still bring a few hundred $$ depending on if you can find a buyer who is missing that piece in his/her full Berlin torch. By itself, since to compare it to a candle, it would just be the wick, I don't think it would draw much interest because it's an interior part of a torch. But for a collector, already with the Berlin 1936 torch, your item would help them complete their holding. The Berlin torches range from $3,000 - 5,000 (since there were 3,940 of them), of course, depending on condition and provenance.

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Hi. I think you are talking about the "incendiary device-holder" as I've heard it referred to? It could still bring a few hundred $$ depending on if you can find a buyer who is missing that piece in his/her full Berlin torch. By itself, since to compare it to a candle, it would just be the wick, I don't think it would draw much interest because it's an interior part of a torch. But for a collector, already with the Berlin 1936 torch, your item would help them complete their holding. The Berlin torches range from $3,000 - 5,000 (since there were 3,940 of them), of course, depending on condition and provenance.

Wasn't there a replica made for the 1972 Munich Olympics (given the same company Krupp made both torches?) Some of the cheaper ones could easily be the replica version.

• Like 1

Thank for the answers!

I am not asking for money, i just wondering is that "insert wich burnes" in metal body of torch colectable. It is original, for sure, because may father run with it as 12 years boy. The problem for me is that i am living in Serbia, and if i want to give to someone collector as gift, not for money, to whom who will enjoing to have something like this, i will have problem to sent him(or her). If that tube of hard paper with german words is not collectable, i can put it in recycling bag, and that is it. I asked the museum of olympic organization of Serbia, are they interested for it, but they answered they have the same one. I did not asking for money, but, balcanic rules; if someone can not earn some money, that is not interesting.

I tried to read the words on wooden part of "candela" which is stand for waxed paper filled with some kind of fuelage, but only parts of words which i can rekognize are "do.lsok." Then "....rioche fabrik AG" "malcho..." Or something like that. The points in text are the unrecognaizble letters. And, just to be clear, wooden part is about 34 milimeters in diametar, 120 milimetars long. Waxed paper tube is about 29 mm in diametar, and non-burned part is only 45 mm long.

For this time, that is it from me. Sorry for my poor english, but i did my best.

Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia!

Thank for the answers!

I am not asking for money, i just wondering is that "insert wich burnes" in metal body of torch colectable. It is original, for sure, because may father run with it as 12 years boy. The problem for me is that i am living in Serbia, and if i want to give to someone collector as gift, not for money, to whom who will enjoing to have something like this, i will have problem to sent him(or her). If that tube of hard paper with german words is not collectable, i can put it in recycling bag, and that is it. I asked the museum of olympic organization of Serbia, are they interested for it, but they answered they have the same one. I did not asking for money, but, balcanic rules; if someone can not earn some money, that is not interesting.

I tried to read the words on wooden part of "candela" which is stand for waxed paper filled with some kind of fuelage, but only parts of words which i can rekognize are "do.lsok." Then "....rioche fabrik AG" "malcho..." Or something like that. The points in text are the unrecognaizble letters. And, just to be clear, wooden part is about 34 milimeters in diametar, 120 milimetars long. Waxed paper tube is about 29 mm in diametar, and non-burned part is only 45 mm long.

For this time, that is it from me. Sorry for my poor english, but i did my best.

Greetings from Belgrade, Serbia!

Well, there's the Olympic museum in Lausanne (altho they might already have it); and then there is the Torch Museum in Athens and the Olympic Museum in Barcelona. I am sure you can make inquiries by email.

Good luck!!

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Lord David said:

Try eBay. That's where I got mine. Not necessarily in great condition, but I settled with what I got.

You are so lucky.... i am very envious.

I have had a look and there is one there but it is 3000 dollars...... no way i could ever afford that :( 

15 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

That is what they generally run for.  But do NOT look during the Olympic periods.  Look AFTER Beijing 2022.  

I only have a part time job in Starbucks and my parents would never loan me the money for this..... i will just have to look at it at the history museum and dream. 

Maybe for LA 2028 I may be able to hold the torch. if i achieve my goal then i will be participating at the games so there is always hope.