GamesBids 2028 Olympic Games Finals Round 1  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo should win the GamesBids 2028 Olympic Games logo comp?

ISs0zt.jpg

DxW4ku.jpg

And we have our short list. The results of the short list round were:

New Orleans by MissEurasia - 3 votes

New Orleans by mr.bernham - 8 votes

Quito by Lord David - 1 vote

Manila by CobiWenlock - 2 votes

Be'er Sheva by Glacib - 10 votes

Singapore by aismanggo - 15 votes

Kochi by woohooitsme83 - 8 votes

Milano by Anthony - 5 votes

Buenos Aires by Paul - 15 votes

Five logos made it through to the first of the finals round, with two tied for fourth place on 8 votes each. Sadly it means we say good by got the entries from MissEurasia, Lord David, CobiWenlock and Anthony. Commiserations, guys, and thanks so much for entering.

Now, to the business of the next round.

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 24 hours - it will close after 7am, Friday January 8, Sydney time (8pm Jan 7 GMT).
  • Voting will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • In this and following rounds, the logo with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logo if they wish.
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of December 1 2015 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member.
  • I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds, unless a tie-breaker vote is needed.
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.

Good luck to our remaining contenders. May be odd be ever in your favour.

...a little about my entry.

Buenos Aires is one of the great capitols of the world, a city with amazing history, culture and diversity.

The raised wing represents the condor, a bird common to Argentine. I took inspiration from 2 large bronze condors, which are part of the Monumento de los dos Congresos. This beautiful sculpture is the featured piece of the Plaza del Congreso, facing the imposing Congressional Palace. Eagles also appear on the cities flag and coat of arms. The blues recall the national colors and flag.

I also tried to capture a lyrical precision that would recall the movement or posture of athleticism or dance. This lets me tie in sports and Tango (a significant cultural heritage of Buenos Aires) without being literal.

Are there any other color combinations or variations for the Buenos Aires logo? I don't think a pure blue games would be very summer-y :P

Blue is the primary logo but here's some color variations and a BA collage I was using for color inspiration.

branding.jpg

colored-story-board.jpg

...a little about my entry.

Buenos Aires is one of the great capitols of the world, a city with amazing history, culture and diversity.

The raised wing represents the condor, a bird common to Argentine. I took inspiration from 2 large bronze condors, which are part of the Monumento de los dos Congresos. This beautiful sculpture is the featured piece of the Plaza del Congreso, facing the imposing Congressional Palace. Eagles also appear on the cities flag and coat of arms. The blues recall the national colors and flag.

I also tried to capture a lyrical precision that would recall the movement or posture of athleticism or dance. This lets me tie in sports and Tango (a significant cultural heritage of Buenos Aires) without being literal.

ALtho, Paul, "blue" represents Europe (in the Olympic "scheme" of things, if you will) and the oceans. "Argentina" is more blue-and-white like Greece, Uruguay and Israel. "Les blues" are the French and the Italians.

Now, if you included Evita Dancing the Tango in the logo; it would be PERFECT!! No quibbles from me!

Archived