Dublin 2028

Dublin Olympic Bid Committe Names President

by Eoin Gallagher, RTE Sports Editor

2/15/20

Today the Dublin Olympic Bid Committe (DOBC) named its president. It is activist and lead singer of U2, Bono. He said during the press conference that he feels that Ireland will show the world its great culture and attitude towards sportsmanship and athletics. During the press conference, they also announced there slogan, Think. Feel. Dublin. It was also announced that the historic croke park will remain in the same place, with the main olympic stadium being located in the olympic park in the outskirts of london, near the airport. Dublin is competing for the olympics against Buenos Aries, Kuala Lumpur,and Bangkok.

Dublin Bid Gains More Support

by Eoin Gallagher, RTE Sports Editor

6/19/20

Today, the United States Olympic commitiee (USOC), and the commitees of most of the anglo-saxon countries showed there support for the games. The UK, New Zealand, Canadian, Australian,French, German, Finnish and South Africa comitiees  stated they they back that bid, and will show there support. Bangkok, Kuala LUmpur, and Buenos Areis will also bid.

Bangkok Committee: Dublin Organisers to illiterate to bid.

Officials from the Bangkok Investigation Committee for 2028 have accused Irish Olympic Organisers of “having insufficient grammar and spelling skills” to participate in the 2028 ballot.

As we have seen in the past, bids often loose there credibility when messages for the bid can not be portrayed in accurate and understandable context.

Investigation Committee CEO, Chui Dephangphong expressed his anguish with the following comment.

“Hoow can we’s trust dose irish lepricorns with teh games if they can’’’t even speel Buenos Aeries, commitie and Thailand”.

New Transport System Announced

Today, Bono annouced that the city of dublin will be getting a underground system. Called the E-Link, or Erie Link, it will be a highspeed system that will link all of the venues together, alongside the DART system, or Dublin Area Rapid Transit. Also, the Olympic Stadium design will be released in a press conference broadcast on all RTE Media. Also, regarding the Bangkok Bid Committee questoning about the literacy of the Irish People, Bono responded by stating that it would help if the Committee could spell their nation Thailand, not Thialand.

Its a small city, and in the second richest Nation in the EU . One route airport to downtown. One route to the Olympic Park. In the Olympic Park, containing Dublin Olympic Velodrome, Olympic Stadium,Olympic Village, Dublin Olympic Media Centre, Olympic Aquatics Centre, and the Olympic Indoor Sports Center, there will be a route that goes to all the venues. The venues will be in a straightish line and close together so the E-link would be possible. The other infrastructure is already there, but the M50 will be upgraded. Also, I am soliciting stadium designs, so if anybody wants to give me an idea, just post it. I'll need it by Thursday.

Without critizing your bid, I would like to know where the Gaelic Football Association (who owns Croke Park) fits into your development. I’m sure they would be mighty pissed if you turned their prized rectangular stadium into an athletics venue.

Um, It was orignially gonna be the main stadium, but it will host some of the soccer matches. I am gonna build a new stdium in the olympic park, but I am soliciting ideas for it. Can you design one?

Hmmm. Maybe, ill see what i can do. Might dig up previous ones i never used

Olympic Park location Secured

Today Bono announced that the Olympic Park site was secured. The River Liffey will run through it, and will become an important factor of the park. Alongside Bono was the Extremley long lived Nelson Mandela, 103. mandela_u2.jpg Nelson Mandela said that he would support the games, as did Brazil, India, and China.

Archived