GamesBids 2030 Winter Games Logo Comp Finals Round 1  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo should be chosen as the winner of the GamesBids 2030 Winter Olympic Games logo comp?

IjuZcB.jpg

lS3bsJ.jpg

Zt5vaM.jpg

Happy New Year everyone. Park your X Wings and take a seat as we gather for the launch of our 2030 Winter Olympic Games logo poll.

hothheader.jpg

Just a reminder, this is an actual war zone, so keep your lasers and light savers handy. And rug up - it gets to -60c when the sun goes down. You sure don't wanna be caught out in that. Baron is selling wampa skin rugs and jackets for those who came unprepared - best prices this side of Mos Eisley, and an extra 10 per cent discount if you order his book as well (apologies if I left you holding a crate of smog masks, Myles). Speaking of Mos Eisley, a big hand to the Mos Eisley Cantina Band for our opening number.

Anyway let's get down to business. We gather here to decide our winning logo for the 2030 Winter Olympic Games. Thanks to all entrants... well, all six of you... for taking the time to submit your works. Those who've been following may notice that option D is a late, as yet unseen, entrant. We have woohooitsme83 to thank for that. And I've taken the liberty of deciding that mr.bernham's Winter A design from his own poll is his designated entrant in this vote. If he has any complaints... tough!

Anyway, with only a neat half dozen final entries, it's a bit superfluous to go through a semi final short list stage. So, let's get directly onto the final rounds and standard IOC voting procedures.

The rules for this stage are:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 24 hours - it will close after 7am, Sunday January 3, Sydney time (8pm Jan 2 GMT).
  • Voting will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • In this and following rounds, the logo with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logo if they wish.
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of December 1 2015 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member.
  • I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds, unless a tie-breaker vote is needed.
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT.
I guess that's it. Engage hyperdrive and I'll see you on the other side!

Influenced by the dark side I see the Chancellor may be.. :(

Realizing that Hoth is a planet the submitted logo is specific to the rebel city/base of "ECHO BASE" to clarify location on the planet. As there are not traditional city's established on Hoth this city/base will act as the main hub for the games, also allowing the rebel alliance the ability to protect and defend the games proceedings should the planet come under attack! We feel strongly that b inducing EchoBase/Hoth in the competition the IOC and Chancellor Rols have an opportunity to demonstrate their inclusiveness and commitment to the light side, before it's too late! The Galactic citizens must be allowed the right to participate and vote or I fear what may happen.

Chancellor Rols.....you're our only hope? :(

HOTH2.jpg

Citizens of the Galaxy, resist the dark side you must!

Exclusion of one is exclusion of all!

WRITE IT IN......VOTE HOTH! (hey we are rebels after all aren't we?)

HOTH.jpg

I'll tell you what. As long as it's okay with the other competitors, as well as having a normal regular vote in the poll above, everyone can also post here a Yea or Nay to including Echo Base in the comp. if it can get more yeas than nays, and enough extra yea votes to make it into the top three, it can go it through to the next round.

Mutter mutter grumble grumble... sigh! I guess if Australia can be included in bloody Eurovision...

Okay, so it's up to the Hoth Tourism Marketing Board then. May the force be with you.

I'm going to say nay, only because Hoth is not a real planet...other than that it is a perfectly brilliant logo and I applaud the creativity.

I love the logo as well but because the place it self is fictional, I shall say nay here...

Archived